Shadow Bite is a Felhunter ability. It causes shadow damage to a target. It is the Felhunter's starting ability and does not need to be trained.
Previously for Affliction Warlocks, Shadow Bite gained an additional rank at Level 48, allowing it to deal an additional 50% damage for each of the Warlock's non-talented damage over time effects on the target. This was also present as a baseline effect during the Wrath of the Lich King and Cataclysm expansions.
Patches and hotfixes
- Patch 8.0.1 (2018-07-17): No longer gains bonus damage from the master's periodic damage effects.
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Once again deals increased damage for each of the warlock's damage-over-time effects on the target.
- Hotfix (2012-09-18): Shadow Bite damage has been reduced by 25%.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): No longer gains bonus damage from the caster's damage over time effects on the target. Cooldown removed. Now costs 60 Energy instead of 3% of base mana.
- Patch 4.1.0 (2011-04-26): Damage and effect has doubled.
- Patch 3.3.0 (2009-12-08): This ability now does 15% increased damage for each of the warlock's damage-over-time effects on the target.
- Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): Added.