Shadowlands: A Chilling Summons
A Chilling Summons
|Level||50 (Requires 48)|
A Chilling Summons begins the Shadowlands intro experience. Atop Icecrown Citadel, Bolvar Fordragon holds a meeting with many leaders of the Alliance and Horde, including: Muradin Bronzebeard, Trade Prince Gazlowe, Genn Greymane, Gelbin Mekkatorque, Calia Menethil, Darion Mograine, Rokhan, First Arcanist Thalyssra, Lor'themar Theron, Tyrande Whisperwind, and Alleria Windrunner.
- Learn about your leaders' fate
- Take the Death Gate to Acherus
- Take the teleporter to the Frozen Throne
- Report to Bolvar Fordragon at the Frozen Throne.
The time has come, <class>.
I would not keep him waiting.
You will receive:
- 2 34
- 850 XP
It is good that you have arrived.
We need heroes like you in this dire hour.
- Highlord Darion Mograine says: <Champion/Deathlord>, the veil between our world and the Shadowlands has been sundered.
- Highlord Darion Mograine says: The Ebon Blade stands ready. I await you in <Stormwind/Orgrimmar>. Come, before the icy grasp of Death claims all of Azeroth.
Find Darion outside Stormwind Keep for the Alliance or Grommash Hold for the Horde. Beside him is High Inquisitor Whitemane or Nazgrim, a small group of Knights of the Ebon Blade as guards, and additional city guards on both sides. Concerned Onlookers can be seen all around the gathering.
- Highlord Darion Mograine says: <Champion/Deathlord>! Preparations have been made.
- Highlord Darion Mograine says: <Whitemane/Nazgrim> will tell you of the grim fate that has befallen our allies.
<Nazgrim/Whitemane> has the following gossip:
- Much has happened in your absence, <class>.
- Let me catch you up to speed.
- Tell me what happened.
A cutscene plays, "Dark Abduction":
<Nazgrim/Whitemane>'s final gossip:
- The Ebon Blade stands ready.
Darion opens a Death Gate to Acherus:
- Highlord Darion Mograine says: Acherus, the stronghold of the Ebon Blade, has moved to Icecrown Citadel. My death gate will take us there. (non-death knight)
- Highlord Darion Mograine says: We have ordered that Acherus be moved just outside Icecrown Citadel. Allow me to open a death gate for us. (to death knights)
- Highlord Darion Mograine says: Highlord Bolvar Fordragon has recovered from his battle with Sylvanas Windrunner. He awaits us, along with our allies.
If you talk with Whitemane/Nazgrim again:
- The Ebon Blade stands ready.
Take the Death Gate to reach Acherus. It's docked at Deathbringer's Rise, the platform where adventurers fought Deathbringer Saurfang, midway up Icecrown Citadel. Immediately after the adventurer arrives in, Mograine starts running to the teleport rune that leads to the Frozen Throne while filling the adventurer in on the situation.
- Highlord Darion Mograine says: Before her minions abducted key leaders, the Banshee Queen attacked Icecrown. She cut a path to the Frozen Throne and seized the Helm of Domination.
- Highlord Darion Mograine says: Look to the sky and you will see the results of her actions. I... have never beheld anything like this.
- Highlord Darion Mograine says: But shattering the helm also freed Bolvar Fordragon from the burden of being the Lich King. To death knights, he adds: Now he knows the same freedom we do, Deathlord.
- Highlord Darion Mograine says: Bolvar believes he knows where the Banshee has taken those she abducted.
- Highlord Darion Mograine says: He awaits you at the Frozen Throne. The leaders of the Alliance and Horde have gathered with him.
Follow Mograine and take the teleporter. At the Frozen Throne, representatives of the Alliance and Horde are meeting with Bolvar Fordragon:
- Lor'themar Theron says: ...the peace remains tenuous. These are troubled times. Our people need stability--Alliance and Horde alike.
- Lor'themar Theron says: We cannot risk sending Azeroth's leaders on what might well be a suicide mission. Our friends who were abducted would offer the same counsel.
- Tyrande Whisperwind says: Coward! I would pay any price to see the Banshee impaled upon my glaive!
- Genn Greymane says: I too want Sylvanas to answer for her crimes. But Lor'themar is right. Anduin wouldn't want us to risk the well-being of the Alliance for his sake.
- Calia Menethil says: The kaldorei need you if they are to have any hope of finding peace, High Priestess.
- Both groups immediately enter a battle stance.
- Tyrande Whisperwind says: You dare speak to me of peace? After the atrocities your kind inflicted?!
- Highlord Bolvar Fordragon says: Enough! The war is over. We can ill afford to start another.
- The groups resume their idle stance.
- Highlord Bolvar Fordragon says: A far more pressing threat is at hand, and we must prepare to face it.
- During early alpha, the quest was named Go to Icecrown.
- During the beta, Valeera Sanguinar was present and grouped with the Horde characters.
- Patch 9.0.2 (2020-11-17): Added.