Ner'zhul and Samaara
|Level||91 (Requires 90)|
|Category||Shadowmoon Valley (alternate universe)|
|Reputation||+250 Council of Exarchs|
Item level 512 belts|
23 60 100
We've managed to pin Ner'zhul inside the Observatory, but he's taken many down with him.
I am needed to hold the line here. Please, do whatever you can to save her, hero.
You will receive one of:
Ths Shadowmoon clan's aggression began when the Iron Horde arrived on Draenor.
On accept, run in to the observatory, where Ner'zhul is holding Samaara up before a fel portal:
- Yrel runs up the stairs and into the observatory.
- Yrel says: No... Samaara!
- Samaara says: Ner'zhul, stop this! What do you want?
- Ner'zhul says: Your blood will grant me the powers of the Dark Star. To Shaz'gul with you!
- Samaara says: Yrel.... noooo!
- Samaara is pulled into the portal.
- Ner'zhul says: Tell your prophet that his era is over. Darkness dawns!
- Ner'zhul leaps into the portal as he summons Karnoth, Shard of the Dark Star.
- Ner'zhul's laugh echoes ominously in your mind.
- Yrel says: Champion! Focus your attacks on that... THING! I will protect the others.
- Velen runs up beside Yrel as a Teluuna Guardian checks the body of one of the researchers. Velen and Yrel face each other.
- Yrel says: Great Prophet! Ner'zhul is taking the captives to Shaz'gul.
- Prophet Velen says: We need to get our eyes onto the field. The Rangari can help us.
Your aid in retaking Teluuna Observatory has not gone unnoticed, hero. I grow increasingly impressed at your prowess in battle.
Perhaps you could share some of your knowledge with my disciples. They could learn much from a seasoned adventurer such as yourself.
I have something for you, as a thanks for what you've done even in the short time you've been here. Perhaps it will help you get this garrison of yours on its feet.
- 17300 XP
- +250 Council of Exarchs
Prophet Velen continues the Shadowmoon Valley storyline with . Farmer Gehaar offers a side chain, . Before working on those quests, don't forget about the other quest from the garrison, , which takes place a bit closer than either of the direct followups.
Before leaving the observatory, head upstairs to find the Astrologer's Box, which contains the and 10-20x . It is more than likely that you can't see it due to quest phasing; leave the immediate area so that the quest elements despawn.
Optional side quests:
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): Added.