Most shirts bind to the player once equipped and may be purchasable from vendors, other players, or from the Auction House. There are several Bind on Pickup (BoP) shirts that are available to both factions, but one is only conjured during a boss fight. Prior to the Legion expansion, most shirts did not bind to the player and could be worn, traded, and gifted to others.
Bind on Pickup shirts
- - Reward from the Westfall quest chain , initiated by a very rare treasure map drop.
- - Rare drop by Fineous Darkvire in Blackrock Depths.
- - Rare drop by Doctor Theolen Krastinov in Scholomance.
- - Reward from the Loch Modan quest .
- - Reward from the TCG loot card "Center of Attention", from the Blood of Gladiators set.
- - Conjured shirt for Gunship Battle in Icecrown Citadel (10/25). It is removed after the fight.
- - Rare drop by mini-boss Precious in Icecrown Citadel (10/25).
Brawler's Guild shirts
- - Low drop rate from Alliance corpses in Alterac Valley. This is the only shirt obtained through PvP. "On the inside collar it reads, 'Inspected by Earl Z. Moade.'"
Starting class shirts
Important note: Since Cataclysm, new characters - excluding certain Worgen classes - are not equipped with a starter shirt. Some of the shirts are purchasable from NPCs but most are removed from the game. The only means of acquiring those shirts are from players who held on to theirs.
- - Draenei Priests and Warlocks; Blood Elf Warlocks
- - Blood Elf, Gnome, Human, Troll, and Undead Mages
- - Orc, Tauren, Troll, and Undead Warriors
- - Dwarf, Gnome, Human, and Night Elf Rogues
- Worgen Hunters, Rogues, and Warriors
- - Blood Elf Paladins
- - Blood Elf Rogues
- - Dwarf, Blood Elf, Human, Night Elf, Troll, and Undead Priests
- - Dwarf, Gnome, Human Warriors and Draenei Mages
- - Dwarf and Night Elf Hunters
- - Draenei Hunters and Shaman
- - Draenei, Dwarf, and Human Paladins
- - Orc, Tauren, and Troll Shaman
- - Orc, Troll, and Undead Rogues
- - Orc, Tauren, and Troll Hunters
- - Blood Elf Hunters
Other notable shirts
- - Dropped by Southsea Freebooters in the Barrens
- - Found in Easter Eggs during Noblegarden.
- - This is a Game Master shirt.
- - This is a PTR shirt for testing Ulduar.
- - This is a PTR shirt for testing Hard Mode Ulduar.
- The is the only shirt obtained through PvP.
- The had the highest item level of all available shirts at level 55.
- Rare shirts did not exist in the game until four expansions later in Mists of Pandaria.
- was the only uncommon quality shirt that existed in the game until Patch 5.0.1. It remained the only available shirt to feature an equip action that puts a buff on the character until Patch 5.3.0. The buff reads, "Best in Show".
- The was the only epic quality shirt that existed in the game (excluding PTR shirts) until Patch 5.0.1. It is still the only shirt to feature an on use action besides the conjured shirt in Icecrown Citadel (10/25) and the Game Master shirt.
- is the only formerly artifact quality shirt that exists in the game. This shirt is only accessible to Game Masters.
Patches and hotfixes
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Common shirts have been changed to Uncommon and are now Bind on Equip (except for those that were already Bind on Pickup).
- Hotfix (2010-12-20): Several shirts have been corrected so they no longer cause a player's item level to increase. They are item level 1.