Tips and tactics
- Use right after a pull in a group of mobs, then , wait for the stun effect to wear off and use for initial damage mitigation and good threat boost.
- Can be used to (mass) interrupt and to stun fleeing mobs, if timed correctly.
- Shockwave should not be used while damage mitigation abilities such as are active, unless incoming damage is overwhelming.
- Patch 8.0.1 (2018-07-17): No longer a talent. Now a baseline ability restricted to Protection. Stun duration reduced to 2 seconds (down from 3 seconds). The cooldown reduction effect granted by hitting multiple enemies has been removed.
- Patch 7.1.5 (2017-01-10): Stun duration reduced to 3 seconds (down from 4 seconds).
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Damage reduced by 36.67%.
- Patch 5.2.0 (2013-03-05): Cooldown increased to 40 seconds (up from 20 seconds). Striking 3 or more targets will now reduce its cooldown by 20 seconds.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Now available to all specializations as a talent (previously the 31-point Protection talent). No longer costs Rage.
- Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): Added.