Shrine of the Truthguard (quest)
|End||Lord Maxwell Tyrosus|
|Level||98 - 110 (Requires 98)|
- 1 Objectives
- 2 Description
- 3 Rewards
- 4 Completion
- 5 Notes
- 6 Trivia
- 7 Progression
- 8 Patches and hotfixes
- 9 External links
- Take the Argent Hippogryph to Stormheim
- Claim the Truthguard
- Return to Dalaran
We'll be flying straight to the island. My friend said that the warrior never entered the shrine itself, since they were after one of the tombs.
Since that vrykul hero couldn't enter, I bet it's still protected by Tyr's power. I'm thinkin' we have a good shot at this.
My pal Cato will meet us there. We might be needin' the talents of a good healer!
- 22,600 XP
I am heartened that your quest was a success, <name>. We have been awaiting your return.
- Orik Trueheart says: Just mount the wee birdy here and follow me! To Stormheim!
Use the Argent Hippogryph nearby to fly to Shield's Rest near the Stormheim mainland.
Stage 1 – Island Landing
- You've arrived on the island. Meet up with Orik and prepare to enter the tomb.
- Speak with Orik.
- Orik Trueheart says: Cato! I'm glad ye could make it. The shield is close... I can feel it!
- Cato says: I'm here, aren't I? Let's find this shield. Some of us have a war to get back to!
- Orik Trueheart says: Cato's the best healer around. We're lucky we didn't have to wait in a queue for his services!
- Orik Trueheart says: Tomb's up ahead. Let's get in there and find that shrine! We'll follow yer lead, <name>.
Stage 2 – Into the Tomb
- Inside the tomb lies the Shrine of the Truthguard. Overcome any defenses and find the shrine.
- Get to the shrine.
- Inna the Cryptstalker yells: Despoilers! Halt!
- Inna the Cryptstalker yells: You pollute this hallowed ground with your greed. Begone!
Quicksteel Arrow pins both of them. Click on it to free them and get the Pin Down extra button. After defeating them, continue to the Tomb of the Old Kings with Guardian Orbs, a Spectral Champion, and Restless Tombguards.
- Spectral Champion says: No more challengers! Disturb these kings no more!
- Orik runs towards the Yrgrim's Journey tablet.
- Orik Trueheart says: Lookee! Seems Yrgrim was the champion, and he came here after Tyr's fall.
- Orik and Cato are caught in the wind downstairs.
- Cato says: Argh! Blast this wind!
Continue down the stairs. Spectral Windshapers are holding wind on the ground and casting wind buffets. Avoid them and run through to them. At their feet are a Drekirjar Galeborn, a Drekirjar Shieldbearer, and a Tideksorn Beastbreaker.
- Spectral Windshaper says: Plunder these tombs no more!
- At Yrgrim's Challenge
- Orik Trueheart says: A glowing door... Wee bit obvious, don't ye think? What have we here?
- Orik Trueheart says: This tablet says ye need to withstand the door's "gaze". I'm bettin' that's not gonna be pleasant. Care to give it a try?
Stage 3 – Opening the Door
- The door to the shrine is the first trial. Survive its test.
- Activate the door's magic and survive.
Open the Shrine Door.
- Cato says: Use protection magic! That damage is too much for me to heal!
Stage 4 – Shrine of the Truthguard
- The way is open and the shrine awaits. The shield is below somewhere. Find it.
- Investigate the shrine.
- Orik Trueheart says: Ye did it! Better'n being a pile of ash on the ground, ain't it?
- At Yrgrim's Rest
- Orik Trueheart says: Another tablet! This champion is still forged, never touched by the curse o' flesh! We should take care.
- A cut-scene plays.
- Yrgrim the Truthseeker yells: I bid you greetings, Opener of Doors. You are the first.
- Yrgrim the Truthseeker yells: I am Yrgrim, Champion of Tyr! Let us see if you are worthy to bear his shield.
- Yrgrim the Truthseeker says: Long have I waited for one who proves worthy. Face me in battle that we might test your heart!
Stage 5 – Yrgrim's Challenge
- Yrgrim, wielder of the Truthguard has challenged you to a trial by combat. Complete the trial to earn his respect.
- Yrgrim Defeated
- Speaking with Yrgrim
- I must see if you possess the will, the strength, and the stamina to wield this shield. Will you face me in a trail of combat?
- I am ready for your trial, Yrgrim.
- Yrgrim the Truthseeker yells: Let us begin!
- Runeshaper Griselda yells: Who DARES challenge the Truthseeker?! I will freeze you where you stand!
- Runeshaper Griselda yells: Freeze!
- Runeshaper Griselda yells: Protected in ice!
Griselda puts Yrgrim into an ice block and summons Razor Ice mobs.
- Runeshaper Griselda yells: I have... failed...
- Yrgrim the Truthseeker says: I am beaten! You are indeed worthy. Were Tyr alive, he would make you his champion. I hereby bestow Truthguard upon you. Use it to defend Azeroth from its enemies.
Final Stage – The Truthguard
- The trial is over. Take up the Truthguard.
- Take up Truthguard.
- Yrgrim the Truthseeker says: I am weary. With a worthy successor, my long vigil is at an end. Fight for truth and justice, champion. In Tyr's name...
- Yrgrim jumps on a pedestal, kneels, and turns into stone.
- Orik Trueheart says: Amazing! Good to see the shield in your hands. Me 'n Cato will head to Dalaran and report to Tyrosus. If ye need a ride, my hippogryph's outside.
- Orik and Cato teleport away.
Return at the beginning and mount the hippogryph to return to Dalaran.
- During the beta, the description of the fourth stage was: "Enter the shrine and find the shield."
- Complete all of:
- The Highlord's Command (see disambig page)
Patches and hotfixes
- Hotfix (2016-09-15): "On "Shrine of the Truthguard", players who navigate to Dalaran by using their Dalaran Hearthstone, regular Hearthstone, or by getting ported, will receive the "Return to Dalaran" objective and become able to turn in the quest to Lord Maxwell Tyrosus."
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Added.