With their four legs, two scythe-like arms, gouging horns, and large two-part bodies, they seem similar to the kunchong of the Mantid and the spiderlords of Azjol-Nerub, hinting at a shared origin. Their massive thorax-heads seem to contain a giant brain, which can become exposed.
After The Scarab Gong was rung and the ancient Gates of Ahn'Qiraj opened, the horrors of the silithid and their qiraji masters were revealed. Massive qiraji resonating crystals broke through the earthen crust of Kalimdor and the colossi of the hives in Silithus emerged from their cocoons beneath the hives. They heard the call to battle and rose to serve their masters. They cast their massive shadow upon the whole of Silithus and marched into war.
In World of Warcraft: Cataclysm, it seems that lesser hives (or rather, at least one, possibly more) may also spawn colossi. Other colossi were also added other hives. It is possible for beastmaster hunters tame one.
- Ainamiss the Hive Queen - Tanaris
- Bornix the Burrower - Hive'Regal, Silithus
- Buru the Gorger - Ruins of Ahn'Qiraj
- Colossus of Ashi - Silithus (extinct)
- Colossus of Regal - Silithus (extinct)
- Colossus of Zora - Silithus (extinct)
- Gorishi Fledgling Colossus - Un'Goro Crater
- Harakiss the Infestor - Tanaris
- Hive Controller - Thousand Needles
- Ixx - Brawl'gar Arena and Deeprun Tram
- Lord Kri - Temple of Ahn'Qiraj
- Losaj - Hive'Zora, Silithus
- Manax - Hive'Regal, Silithus
- Princess Yauj - Temple of Ahn'Qiraj
- Qem - Hive'Ashi, Silithus
- Qu'rik - Hive'Ashi, Silithus
- Vem - Temple of Ahn'Qiraj
As a hunter pet
- Main article: Aqir#As a hunter pet