|Prince Renathal before the dais of Sinfall|
Prince Renathal |
Court of Harvesters
|Location||Central Ember Ward, Revendreth|
Sinfall is the Sanctum of the Venthyr Covenant. It is located in the central part of the Ember Ward, in western Revendreth. A valued possesion of Denathrius in the past, the structure is now used as a base of operations for Prince Renathal and his rebellion.
The uppermost, above-ground level of Sinfall is where the Ember Court is held, organized within the Spire of the Unseen Guests. The area is accessible either from the elevator near the Sanctuary of the Mad or through the Bridge of Banishment (that leads directly to Castle Nathria through The Abandoned Purlieu).
The floor when you enter Sinfall through the staircase and first mirror is Sinfall Reaches. The dais on this level is where Prince Renathal intends to place all 7 Medallions of Revendreth and the Crown of the Harvesters. Along the perimeter of the monument is the Sinstone of Revendreth, which explains the purpose of Revendreth, and the Sinstone of Wrath, the Sinstone of Dominion, the Sinstone of Dread, the Sinstone of Envy, the Sinstone of Pride, the Sinstone of Avarice, and the Sinstone of Desire, each explaining its sin and the role of the Court of Harvesters. Each has Renathal's Notes providing a context for each Medallion. Additionally, here you will find the Scouting Map, training dummies, a mailbox, Foreman Flatfinger (Sanctum Upgrades), Chachi the Artiste ( Quartermaster), Rahel (Keeper of Renown), the Forge of Bonds (Soulbinds and Conduits), and various NPCs, including the flight master Courier Snaggle.
Entering the Sinfall Mirror found in the middle of the chasm allows you to reach the bottom-most floor, named Sinfall Depths. Here you will find the venthyr Anima Conductor, and various NPCs. There is also a side entrance to Sinfall accessible from Sanctuary of the Mad that also leads to an area called Dawnkeep. Also on this floor, near the Sinfall Mirror, there is a hanging bat named Sinfall Surface Flyer that takes you directly to the surface level of Sinfall.
Alternatively, if you jump into Sinfall through the grate at the topmost level, you gain a venthyr-themed slow-fall effect Fallen Prince's Welcome until you land. However, if you miss any of the platforms and end up going down into the chasm, your character dies. Additionally, while you can control your fall direction if you simply jump into the grate, if you fall into the grate while mounted you will fall straight down.
Sinfall was originally where Denathrius sired his first venthyr Court of Harvesters ages ago. It is where he forged the medallions so that each Harvester may share a piece of his power and carry out his will.
The nathrezim were created after the venthyr, and were assumed banished and exiled by Denathrius for their actions and treachery that led to the invasion of the Light within the Ember Ward. The current Stonewright created the stoneborn and formed the Stone Legion due to the fact the Maldraxxi did not come to the defense of Revendreth in this instance, and blames the dreadlords for the near destruction of the Ember Ward.
Much later this place was used to fling Prince Renathal into the Tremaculum of the Maw with the help of an old device powered through the Containers of Dark Will only usable by Denathrius and the Maw Walker. This device drops you into Gorgoa: River of Souls. After the Prince was rescued, he turned Sinfall into his stage ground against Denathrius himself. Sinfall Reaches, the dais on this level, is where Prince Renathal intends to place all 7 Medallions of Revendreth and the Crown of the Harvesters in order to become the new ruler of Revendreth.
After the defeat of the Sire, his blade Remornia consumed his essence, and the weapon was brought to Sinfall. He was later rescued by the dreadlords led by Nal'ragas and Mal'Ganis, having their forces hidden among us the entire time we were there.
Dais of Sinfall objects
- Renathal's Notes
- Sinstone of Revendreth
- The sinstones detailing the sins that Revendreth deals with appear to have been written by Denathrius (e.g. Desire, "I name [...] to manage my court [...]"), with the exception of the Sinstone of Revendreth that refers to the Master in the third person, perhaps written by the original Court of Harvesters.
- While the topmost floor is accessible to anyone of any covenant, the second and third floors are Venthyr Covenant exclusive once the questing campaign is done.
- The Transport Network is accessed via the mirrors along the lower levels of Sinfall. The second floor, Sinfall Reaches, contains the mirrors of Pridefall Hamlet and the Eternal Terrace. The third floor, Sinfall Depths, contains the mirrors of Dominance Keep, Halls of Atonement, the Banewood, and Feeders' Thicket. Each mirror is located in an elevator of that zone.
- Kael'thas Sunstrider is located on the Sinfall Depths floor. His dialogue changes slightly whether or not your character is a blood elf or a void elf.
- During the quest to join the venthyr once selected as one's covenant, the Accuser mentions in dialogue that she once heard a similar plan from Prince Renathal long ago, before they knew Denathrius was allied to the Jailer.
- Overlooking Sinfall is the Spire of the Unseen Guests, where the lootable text is found.
- Various NPCs can be seen entering and exiting Sinfall. Watcher Emil, Maneo, Archivist Fane, Gresit, Madame Iza of House Primrose, Vulca, Mistress Mihaela, Nadras, Lost Sybille, Chelra the Bladewall, Ironwing Fraado, Bogdan, Ta'rmoro, Tubbins, and Gubbins do so.
- Near the flight master in Sinfall, there is an ash ghoul named Tormented Tanya who says strange things in rhyme.
- If you decide to follow the path behind the flight master, there is another blood mirror to take you back into Sinfall proper as you cannot get back up the wall by walking.
- During the Feast of Winter Veil, if you have Mortal Reminders decorations unlocked for your Ember Court, a member of Cartel Ta appears within the Covenant Sanctum with presents labeled Mortal Reminders to give to a line of dredgers, stating that Prince Renathal pulled a lot of favors in the Night Market for this.
- At the bottommost level of Sinfall, on a ledge, there is a dredger you can kick into the hole of Sinfall. The dredger appears to enjoy it, given his exclamation of "WEEEEEE", though sometimes he exclaims "Uh oh".
- Every day, somewhere inside Sinfall's inner floors, there is a Formal Fiend that you can interact with and have as a temporary companion pet.
- Prior to patch 9.1.0, the side entrance of Sinfall was barred with a gate that was passable through if positioned just right.
- Given that Prince Renathal was never a mortal but born directly from Sire Denathrius' will, perhaps Prince Renathal plans on consuming Denathrius in some capacity to become the new Sire, or to capture Denathrius within the Crown of the Harvesters.
- Given the Enemy Infiltration - Preface text and the fact it is found within the Spire of the Unseen Guests overlooking Denathrius' personal laboratory, perhaps there is a connection between this location, Sire Denathrius, and the nathrezim. See Denathrius#Speculation and Nathrezim#Speculation for details.
- There are hooded statues along the perimeter of Sinfall, seen in many places throughout Revendreth, that resemble the two statues flanking the Dark Portal of Outlands, as well as the statues surrounding the Runecarver.