Finley can be found at Dreyrgrot in Stormheim on the Broken Isles, where he gets involved in the affairs of blood-thirsty pirates led by the vrykul Blood-Thane Lucard while on his way to study the local murlocs.
He can also be found in one of the watchtowers on the atoll island of Sandy Beach in the Shimmering Expanse in Vashj'ir. Here he trades seashells for gold, which in turn can be traded with the wildlife in order to gather items that can again be traded for Finley's .
|Location||Level range||Health range|
|Dreyrgrot||107 - 109||43,035|
5 5 5
What-ho traveler! What brings you to these dusty ruins?
- Warlocks wielding
- I say, <race>. Is that the Scepter of Sargeras? Indeed! Quite the dodgy bit of history you've got there, hm?
- Finley first appeared as a major supporting character in the League of Explorers adventure for Hearthstone. In Hearthstone lore, he is a sophisticated gentleman and an accomplished scholar, who also happens to be a murloc. Elise Starseeker found him as an egg, after which he joined the League of Explorers and eventually earned a knighthood. Finley accompanies the player through the Ruined City, the third wing of the adventure. He has traveled to Stranglethorn Vale to study the local gorillas, attempting to infiltrate their culture, as well as attempting to retrieve the Pearl of the Tides, the third and final piece of the Staff of Origination. However, he ends up being captured by naga and has to be rescued by the player. Defeating all three encounters of the wing rewards Finley as a legendary card whose flavor text reads: "In addition to fluent Common, he also speaks fourteen dialects of 'mrgl'."
- Some time after the retrieval of the Staff of Origination, Finley began scouring the jungles and coastlines of Azeroth in search of mannered murlocs ready to take up the mantle of heroism and "reject the savagery of their fishy-folk". The skilled shaman Morgl the Oracle was recruited as part of this effort.
- In the Saviors of Uldum expansion, Finley reappears alongside the rest of the League of Explorers to save Uldum from the League of E.V.I.L.. In this incarnation, he appears as the legendary paladin card Sir Finley of the Sands. His flavor text reads: "The sands shall be my sea! And this scarab shall be my, er, strange and wriggly boat!"
Sir Finley of the Sands in Saviors of Uldum.
Notes and trivia
- His mount on Mechagon is a flying cloud.
- He wrote the foreword for Harrison Jones' book, .
- can be fished up from the fountain in the version of Dalaran.
- Finley was originally created for Hearthstone and was not part of World of Warcraft until Legion.
- An unused ID of Sir Finley Mrrgglton exists from patch 7.3.0.
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Added.