|Race||Iron vrykul (Humanoid)|
|Location||The Forge of Wills|
|Status||Killable (WoW), Deceased (Lore)|
While some resisted Loken's corruption, Sjonnir the Ironshaper was eager to turn the Forge of Wills to a darker purpose. He considers his new creations vastly superior to the earthen, and will unleash them on any who defy Loken's will.
Attacks and abilities
- Chain Lightning — Sjonnir the Ironshaper strikes a player with a lightning bolt that arcs to another nearby player. The spell affects up to 3 targets, inflicting greater Nature damage to each successive target.
- Lightning Shield — Sjonnir the Ironshaper surrounds himself with 10 balls of lightning that have 50% chance of striking melee or ranged attackers with Nature damage. Each time the lightning shield strikes, a ball of lightning dissipates. Thus, the shield expires after 10 min. or after it has struck 10 times.
- Static Charge — Sjonnir the Ironshaper afflicts a player with a static charge that periodically zaps its nearby allies and enemies for Nature damage. This effect lasts until cancelled.
- Lightning Ring — Sjonnir the Ironshaper inflicts Nature damage to all players within 0 yards and increases the Nature damage they take by 10% for 15 sec.
- Frenzy — When Sjonnir the Ironshaper reaches 20% health remaining, he goes into a frenzy. Frenzy increases attack speed by 50% and Physical damage done by 100%.
- Forged Iron Dwarf — When engaged, Sjonnir the Ironshaper begins to summon Forged Iron Dwarf from the nearby forges.
- Forged Iron Trogg — When Sjonnir the Ironshaper reaches 75% health remaining, he begins to summon Forged Iron Troggs from the nearby forges.
- Lightning Shock — Forged Iron Troggs shock a player, inflicting Nature damage.
- Malformed Ooze — When Sjonnir the Ironshaper reaches 50% health remaining, he begins to summon Malformed Ooze from the nearby forges.
- Combined — Malformed Oozes attempts to combined with other Malformed Oozes that they come within 0 yards of.
- Iron Sludge — Malformed Oozes that combined become an Iron Sludge.
- Toxic Volley — Iron Sludges inflicts Nature damage to all players.
- Earthen Dwarf — When Sjonnir the Ironshaper reaches 25% health remaining, he begins to summon Earthen Dwarves from the nearby forges.
The tank will need to gather the adds that are spawned throughout the fight. Watch for the little blobs as they will congregate in the middle of the fight zone and form into larger oozes. If you have an AoE tank, the adds should not be a problem, continue focus firing on the boss. If your group finds them getting out of hand and aggroing the healer, they can be dealt with quickly by the DPS.
When he uses his AoE lightning attack, it is strongly recommend moving out of the way. Getting a full stack of the nature damage debuff means the oozes will likely kill the tank.
It is strongly encouraged remove his Lightning Shield (priests dispel, shamans , warriors , or mages ), as the 1000 nature damage it does in normal is increased to 3000 in heroic.
An easy method is to have one DPS on the left press and one DPS on the right press, both killing the adds as they spawn. The tank keeps Sjonnir in the center near where he starts while the healer and the other DPS are on the walkway you come in on.
Alternate heroic strategy
This works well even if you have no one to deal with Lighting Shield or resist nature damage. This is probably the easiest and safest method.
- Tank boss near middle of the room, slightly closer to the entrance of the room.
- Stay out of the channeled Lighting Ring, including Tank.
- All DPS fend off non-elite adds to keep healer from taking hits. Adds WILL be a problem for most all tanks as healer gains threat for a long period of time prior to adds reaching healer.
- Tank to focus on elite adds and boss.
- When Oozing Slime mobs show up, all DPS should burn them down immediately.
- While DPS burns adds, Tank keeps boss away from group.
- Roughly when Slimes / Blobs are dead, elite ally dwarf NPC's lvl 81 will start to spawn and no more enemy adds will come. These dwarves will help kill the boss.
- Focus fire down boss.
Basically, survive until you see the Slime / Blobb guys coming out around the center of the room. ALL DPS focus on the slimes at this point. Kill every one of them before they morph into uber slimes. At that point you'll have elite dwarves charging into the room to help you DPS boss down.
Again, simply avoid Lighting Ring (channeled attack), burn slimes as soon as you see them, and then burn boss.
There you are! I think I've just about got this door figured out. Let me know when you're ready and I'll open'er up!
We're with you Brann! Open it!
- Brann Bronzebeard yells: Don't worry! Ol' Brann's got yer back! Keep that metal monstrosity busy, and I'll see if I can't sweet talk this machine into helping ye!
- Soft, vulnerable shells. Brief fragile lives. You cannot escape the curse of flesh!
- Brann Bronzebeard yells: This is a wee bit trickier than before... Oh, bloody--incomin'!
- Brann Bronzebeard yells: What in the name o' Madoran did THAT do? Oh! Wait: I just about got it...
- Brann Bronzebeard yells: Ha, that did it! Help's a-comin'! Take this, ya glowin' iron brute!
- Killing a player
- Flesh is no match for iron!
- Armies of iron will smother the world!
- Folvynn buul hrom onn!
- Sjonnir The Ironshaper yells: Loken will not rest... until the forge is retaken! You change... nothing!
- Brann Bronzebeard yells: Loken?! That's downright bothersome... We might've neutralized the iron dwarves, but I'd lay odds there's another machine somewhere else churnin' out a whole mess o' these iron vrykul!
- Brann Bronzebeard yells: I'll use the forge to make batches o' earthen to stand guard... But our greatest challenge still remains: find and stop Loken!
- During the Purge of Dalaran, Archmage Lan'dalock summoned images of various Wrath of the Lich King era bosses, Sjonnir among them, to fight for him against the Horde.
- Whether or not it was intended, the "The" in Sjonnir's name is also capitalized.
- Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): Added.