Skeleton (Warcraft II)
- For lore about skeletons, see Skeleton.
|Faction||Neutral / Horde|
|Produced at||Death Knight|
These unfortunate warriors gave their lives in battle only to be brought back into soulless servitude by arcane Orc magiks to fight for the Horde. Rising up from the battlefield, the Undead tirelessly hack and slash at their terrified enemies. These skeletal horrors retain none of the personality or emotions that permeated their living bodies and thus will do their master's bidding until they are destroyed. Only mortal creatures such as the Humans, Elves, Orcs, Trolls, and Ogres can be bound by these dark powers and be remade into the Undead.
Skeletons have a limited duration and will automatically disappear after their timer runs out. This does not apply to any Skeletons that are already present on the map at the start of the game.
- Skeletons are referred to as the Undead in the Warcraft II: Tides of Darkness manual.
- They were extremely vulnerable to the Exorcism spell of paladins.
- Only living ground units can be raised as Skeletons - ships, siege engines and fliers cannot.
- Unlike their counterparts in Warcraft: Orcs & Humans, they do not benefit from weapon and armor upgrades.