- For the debuff type, see snare.
- "A... little... help... here?"
Slow is dispelled as a magic type debuff.
Tips and tricks
This is useful against most melee classes in PvP. The snare is as effective as any frost-based snare, and the cast is instant, meaning it can be cast on the run to better escape.
Warcraft II: Tides of Darkness:
- The Mages of Lordaeron have been able to create a spell that hinders both movement and reflex. By warping the very patterns of time that surround his target, Slow enables the caster to bring an enemy's offensive to a crawl. Time cannot be held in check by even the mightiest of Mages, however, so the effects of this temporal shift cease as the power of the spell wanes.
Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos:
- The Kirin Tor developed a technique that envelops a person in a field that reduces kinetic energy. This spell actually pulls the energy directly from the creature trying to move and attack, and channels it into the ground, causing the creature to have reduced attack and movement speed.
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): No longer affects attack or casting speed. Additionally, Slow can now affect more than one target at a time.
- Hotfix (2014-01-10): Slow now reduces the target's casting speed on player targets by 10% (down from 25%).
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Movement speed reduction reduced from 60% to 50%, casting time increase increased from 30% to 50% (25% against players) and no longer increases the time between ranged attacks.
- Patch 4.0.6 (2011-02-08): Now has a PvP duration of 8 seconds.
- Patch 3.0.9 (2009-02-10): Now increases cast time by 30%, down from 60%.
- Patch 2.0.1 (2006-12-05): Added.