- Level 1 Discipline & Holy priest ability
- 40 yd range
- 0.5% of base mana
- 1.5 sec cast
Smites an enemy for (225% of spell power) Holy damage and absorbs the next (225% of spell power) damage dealt by the enemy.
Smites an enemy for (225% of spell power) Holy damage and has a 20% chance to reset the cooldown of Holy Fire.
Smite, originally called Holy Smite, is the first priest spell, known by all priests from level 1. Priests that specialize into Shadow will have this spell replaced with [Mind Flay].
Tips and tactics
- Smite is the staple damage spell for Holy and Discipline priests used to fill space in the rotation while other more powerful attacks are on cooldown.
- Thanks to [Atonement], Discipline priests can use Smite to heal their allies.
- Holy Smite is a basic Priest spell in Hearthstone. The flavor text reads: "It doesn't matter how pious you are. Everyone needs a good smiting now and again."
Patches and hotfixes
- Patch 7.2.5 (2017-06-13):
- Smite damage increased by 16% for Discipline and 25% for Holy.
- Smite now costs 0.5% of base mana (was 1.0%).
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): No longer available to Shadow. Damage increased by 162.8%.
- Discipline: now prevents 100% of the damage dealt to be dealt by the enemy.
- Holy: now has a 20% chance to reset the cooldown of [Holy Fire].
- Hotfix (2013-12-16): Resolved an issue where [From Darkness, Comes Light] was not activating correctly from Smite.
- Hotfix (2013-06-04): Smite's cast time should now be correctly reduced by [Borrowed Time].
- Patch 0.12 (2004-10-11): Holy Smite has been renamed to Smite.
- Patch 0.9 (2004-08-17): Cast time slightly increased, damage reduced, mana cost reduced.
- Patch 0.6 (2004-04-13): Has been moved to levels 1, 6, 14, 22, 30 and 38.