Tips and tactics
- Applying or then Solar Beam is pretty useful against enemy spellcasters and healers in PvE or PvP, but be careful not to damage the effected target(s) or it will cancel the snaring effect.
Patches and hotfixes
- Patch 7.1.0 (2016-10-25): Now available at level 80 (was 28).
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): No longer Silences a target again more than once per cast. Additionally, the Silence effect from this spell now shares Diminishing Returns with other Silences.
- Hotfix (2013-05-23): Solar Beam and the Symbiosis version of Solar Beam's silence effect can no longer be reflected.
- Patch 5.3.0 (2013-05-21): Is now more responsive when players enter and leave the beam's area-of-effect.
- Patch 5.1.0 (2012-11-27): The duration of Solar Beam has been reduced to 8 seconds. (Down from 10 seconds)
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Redesigned.
- Patch 4.2.0 (2011-06-28): Has a new spell effect.
- Patch 4.1.0 (2011-04-26):
- No longer on the global cooldown to make it more consistent with other abilities.
- Now more responsive when enemies move into or out of it.
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): Added.