|The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 7.1.5.
Soulburn appears to be a variation of the ability; Soulburning involves converting soul shards into fel energy that is used to power abilities and the Soul Fire spell involves converting life force (or souls) into energy that is used to burn someone's soul.
Patches and hotfixes
- Patch 7.1.5 (2017-01-10): Removed.
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Changed to an honor talent and redesigned. Now consumes a Soul Shard to increase the duration of the next Unstable Affliction by 10 seconds.
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): No longer affects as many abilities.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Now exclusive to the Affliction specilization. Some spells and abilities altered by Soulburn have been changed or removed. Soulburn now lasts for 30 seconds, up from 15. Requires Level 19, up from 10. Cooldown removed.
- Hotfix (2010-12-21): The Soulburn effect can now be used on alternate spells if the first attempt to use the Soulburn effect fails.
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): Added.