Spider crabs (or spidercrabs and spine crabs) are a type of crabs. The spider crabs in Nazjatar tend to inhabit dark caverns, hiding in the shadows. Their population may increase on occasion, but luckily snapdragons have developed a taste for their roe, and the Unshackled use the crabs' spines for projectiles.
In Warcraft III
- Spider Crab Shorecrawler (creep)
- Spider Crab Limbripper (creep)
- Spider Crab Behemoth (creep)
- Spider Crab Leviathan (Old Hatreds only)
- Spidercrab (critter)
As a companion pet
- is a rare drop from Caverndark Terror in Nazjatar.
- Chitterspine Deepstalker can be caught from pet battles in the Eternal Palace.
- is purchased from PVP quartermasters in Nazjatar for 30 .
- is a rare drop from Needlespine in Nazjatar.
- Chitterspine Skitterling and Hissing Chitterspine can be caught from pet battles in Nazjatar.
- is a rare drop from Lady Ashvane in the Eternal Palace on any difficulty.
In the RPG
Spider crabs a.k.a. spidercrabs are large crabs standing 3 feet tall on their six thick, spiderlike legs. They have brightly colored shells, and their left claw are significantly larger than their right. Lurking on seashores across Kalimdor, spider crabs are giant, aggressive predators. Spider crabs are apt to attack anything that enters their territory, whether or not they can eat it. Spider crabs often seem to cluster together in colonies. The largest spider crabs — sometimes called limbrippers or, for the really big ones, behemoths — lead the way. If a spider crab hits with both claws, it latches onto the opponent’s body and tears the flesh.