Spires of Ascension
|Spires of Ascension|
|Location||Northeastern Bastion (entrance at the Seat of Eternal Hymns)|
Floating among the clouds and representing the pinnacle of kyrian ideals, the Spires of Ascension is the Archon's seat of power. Unquestioned and unchallenged for countless eons, the ruler of Bastion has always embodied the virtues of duty and service. But with drought and instability causing fractures in the belief system of the Ascended, the Archon's reign faces an unimaginable peril as one of her most trusted followers falls under the sway of the darkest of evils.
Maps and subregions
- Honor's Ascent
- Trash mobs
- Gardens of Repose
- Font of Fealty
- Seat of the Archon
Throughout the dungeon, as the party progresses, Kyrestia and Devos have a conversation:
- Kyrestia the Firstborne says: We are vastly outnumbered, mortals. The Forsworn have cut a swath through most of our forces.
- Kyrestia the Firstborne says: Vanquish their rear guard while I confront Devos. Go in service.
- Kyrestia the Firstborne says: You were the Paragon of Loyalty, Devos. And yet all this time, it was you who led the Forsworn.
- Devos says: Your blind adherence to the path would have doomed us all. You left me no choice but to oppose you!
- Devos says: Forsworn, see that the mortals do not interfere!
- Kyrestia the Firstborne says: Listen to reason, Devos. The kyrian must stand united.
- Devos says: Not so long as you command them. The Forsworn will forge a new path for Bastion!
- Devos says: For eons, we have been told to "purify" ourselves. To let go of our memories, our identities, our loved ones. All in the name of service.
- Devos says: But what do we serve? An impotent Arbiter, an oppressive law! Our sacrifices were made for nothing!
- Kyrestia the Firstborne says: We sacrifice because we must. Mortal burdens would only impede our sacred duty.
- Devos says: No. It was a mortal who exposed the folly of your edicts.
- Devos says: As I peered into Uther's memories, what I saw shook me to the core.
- Devos says: But you refused to see the truth. That the path is flawed. That we serve a lie.
- Devos says: And so, I listened to the Jailer's words. I learned of the great injustice you and the others thrust upon him... and upon us all.
- Devos says: He seeks to free us from the prison we have built for ourselves. And for that, he has earned my loyalty.
- Kyrestia the Firstborne says: And I mourn your betrayal.
- Kyrestia the Firstborne says: Argh!
- Devos says: Accept your defeat, Archon. I serve a far greater power now.
- Devos says: With your spear in hand, I will take control of the Spires and forge new paragons to lead the kyrian!
- Kyrestia the Firstborne says: The Jailer has twisted your mind, Devos. You must be stopped... no matter the cost.
- Kyrestia the Firstborne says: Devos...
- Kyrestia the Firstborne says: The Jailer's schemes have torn a schism in the ranks of the kyrian. One that must be healed.
- Kyrestia the Firstborne says: Long have we believed that our mortal lives are burdens to be shed in the name of service. And yet, the deeds of mortals are what won the day.
- Kyrestia the Firstborne says: You have my gratitude. Once the Jailer lies defeated... there may be much for the kyrian to discuss.
- The last three adds before the Devos encounter are three Forsworn Ascended Kyrians titled <The Intertwined Fates> named Klotos, Lakesis, and Astronos. This is a reference to the Greek Moirai, named Clotho, Lachesis, and Atropos.
- Patch 9.0.2 (2020-11-17): Added.