- Not affected by the global cooldown.
- Benefits from the Discipline mastery .
- Has a maximum size of 60% of the caster's maximum health.
- Heals converted into absorbs by Spirit Shell are still capable of triggering .
- Patch 9.1.0 (2021-06-29): Cooldown increased to 90 seconds (was 60 seconds).
- Patch 9.0.5 (2021-03-09): Now absorbs 80% of healing done (was 100%) and the absorption limit is now based on the caster's Spell Power rather than maximum Health.
- Patch 9.0.1 (2020-10-13): Re-added as a level 50 talent.
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Removed.
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): Now a level 75 talent, replacing for Discipline priests.
- Patch 5.4.0 (2013-09-10): Duration has been reduced to 10 seconds (down from 15 seconds), and the damage absorption shield's effectiveness can now be reduced through Battle Fatigue.
- Patch 5.2.0 (2013-03-05): Can no longer be dispelled and now provides an absorb shield equal to the average healing and absorb of the triggering spell, including criticals and .
- Patch 5.1.0 (2012-11-27): Spells affected by cast while Spirit Shell is active now fully apply critical effect heals to the shield provided.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Added.