The subject of this article was removed from
in patch World of Warcraft 7.0.3.
This includes items and quests that can no longer be obtained or are now deprecated.
The in-game information in this article is kept purely for historical purposes.
Stance of the Sturdy Ox Level 10 Brewmaster monk ability Instant Increases armor by 125%, increases Stamina by 25%, reduces magic damage taken by 15%, and improves the functionality of Jab, Fortifying Brew, Tiger Palm, Blackout Kick, and Expel Harm. While in this stance, you will Stagger damage taken. Stagger
You shrug off physical attacks, causing 80% of the damage to happen instantly and the remaining 20% to be divided over 10 sec. Usable by Class
Monk Properties School
None/Global Cooldown Other information Level learned
10 Related buffs
Stance of the Sturdy Ox is a Brewmaster monk ability, available at level 10.
Tips and tactics
The colors are for enabling the Brewmaster monk to get a quick idea of how strong the Stagger
DoT is, based on the damage per tick as a % of max health. They serve no other purpose.
Green means >0%
Yellow means >3%
Red means >6%
Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Removed. Replaced by . [Stagger ]
Patch 6.2.0 (2015-06-23): Now increases armor by 125% (up from 75%) and provides a 20% base Stagger percentage. Additionally, the Stagger effect no longer works against attacks which ignore armor.
Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14):
Now replaces Stance of the Fierce Tiger for Brewmaster Monks.
Now also reduces the chance for attacks to be parried by 3%, reduces the global cooldown of the Mistweaver monk's abilities by 0.5 seconds, increases Stamina by 25% (up from 20%), reduces magic damage taken by 10% (down from all damage taken by 25%), and grants a 50% increase to Armor, but no longer increases Energy regeneration. Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Added.