Tips and tactics
- Since Starsurge empowers an active , it is best to cast it as soon as you enter one.
- To maximize the damage bonus, accumulate as much Astral Power as possible before entering Eclipse for multiple casts.
- is one of the most enjoyable abilities that generates Astral Power. Remember to apply your DoTs!
- As Starsurge is an Astral school spell, it gains extra damage from during both types of Eclipse.
- Starsurge increases the damage bonuses of an active by 4% for its remaining duration each time it is cast. This bonus is increased to 6% at level 58 with rank 2.
- Hotfix (2017-09-06): [Hotfix in testing] Fixed a bug preventing Starsurge from having visual or sound effects.
- Patch 7.2.5 (2017-06-13): Starsurge damage increased by 11%.
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Damage increased by 51%, damage bonus reduced to 20% (down from 30%) and now affects and (instead of and , respectively). Now cost Astral Power instead of sharing charges with .
- Patch 6.2.3 (2015-11-17): Damage has been increased by 6%.
- Hotfix (2015-07-23): Starsurge now deals 15% less damage in PvP combat.
- Patch 6.2.0 (2015-06-23): Now deals 4% less damage.
- Hotfix (2014-10-30): Damage has been increased by 25%.
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): Now has 3 charges and a 30 second recharge time (instead of a 15 second cooldown). Starsurge now also grants Lunar or Solar Empowerment.
- Patch 5.4.0 (2013-09-10): Mana cost increased by 50%.
- Patch 5.2.0 (2013-03-05): Damage has been increased by 9%.
- Hotfix (2012-10-01): Starsurge casts that trigger an Eclipse now deal the correct amount of damage.
- Hotfix (2012-09-20): Starsurge damage has been increased by approximately 3%.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Redesigned.
- Patch 4.1.0 (2011-04-26): Damage has been reduced by 20%.
- Patch 4.0.1a (2010-10-26): The pointer on the Eclipse Bar indicates where it goes to after the next Starsurge.
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): Added.
|Balance||Feral, Guardian, Restoration|