- This article is about the Bastion race. For the Nexus mob, see Steward (Nexus).
|Faction/Affiliation||Kyrian Covenant; Forsworn|
Stewards are owl-like beings native to Bastion in the Shadowlands. Born of the magic of Death, they serve as groundskeepers and artificers who keep Bastion pristine, assemble anima-fueled automatons known as Centurions, fix anything broken, and offer companionship and support to the kyrian. Stewards exist solely to aid the kyrian, and they become rather depressed if they can't perform their duties. Each steward dotes on a "Paragon" and keeps mementos of their achievements. Mikanikos, the Forgelite Prime, is considered the smartest of all stewards. They are skilled in forging, serving, combat, and otherwise.
Notes and trivia
- Stewards share animation properties with pygmies, meaning their models can be stacked on top of one another, which can be seen in Hero's Rest, Bastion.
- In a BlizzCon 2019 interview, Ion Hazzikostas joked that stewards are actually gnome druids in .
- Some players jokingly refer to stewards as "swolekin" (a pun on "swole" and owlkin), a term coined by the YouTube content creators Taliesin & Evitel following BlizzCon 2019.
- In the Cliffs of Respite, there is a statue of a steward doing an underhand conventional deadlift.
- Stewards have both male and female sound files.
- ^ a b c Blizzard Entertainment 2019-11-01. Shadowlands Preview: Bastion and the Kyrian Covenant. Retrieved on 2019-11-02.
- ^ The Lost Codex 2019-11-05. BlizzCon 2019 Interview: Steve Danuser & Frank Kowalkowski - Story and Systems | The Lost Codex (18:00). YouTube. Retrieved on 2019-11-06.
- ^ Jennifer Klasing on Twitter (2019-11-03). Retrieved on 2019-11-15.
- ^ Blizzard Entertainment 2019-11-02. BlizzCon 2019 - All-Access Interview with WoW Game Director Ion Hazzikostas (07:30). Retrieved on 2019-11-06.
- ^ Wowhead - MON_Kyrian_Steward_Greetings_01_157868
- ^ Wowhead - MON_Steward_Greetings_01_153706