Storm Silver Ore can be mined from Storm Silver Deposits and Rich Storm Silver Deposits, as well as Storm Silver Seams. It may also be looted from mining certain enemy mob corpses. It has a chance to be contained in caches awarded from PvP activities such as battlegrounds and player bounties.
As an ingredient
- Transmute: Ore to Cloth
- Transmute: Ore to Gems
- Transmute: Ore to Herbs
As a quest objective
Notes and trivia
- Storm silver is resistant to corrosion, and is used in shipbuilding by both Kul Tirans and Zandalari.
- Kul Tiran marines and pirates use storm silver for their armor because it is light-weight enough that they can still swim while wearing the armor.
- According to Secott the Goldsmith, naga use storm silver in some of their weapons because of its strength.
- In early testing, this ore was also referred to as Teryllium.
- Patch 8.0.1 (2018-07-17): Added.