Stormstout Brewery graphic
|Location||Valley of the Four Winds|
|End boss||Yan-Zhu the Uncasked|
|Advised level||86 - 87|
The Stormstout Brewery was the third announced 5-man dungeon of World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria.
It is the brewery of Chen Stormstout's ancestors.
Mists of Pandaria
For generations, the Stormstout Brewery has been a font of joy for the citizens of Pandaria, pumping out an endless-seeming supply of delicious and refined beverages without appearing to break stride. The Stormstout family has enjoyed and supported the Brewery's continued significance, and kept diligent watch over their recipes and the perfection of their stills – until today. In the absence of any more able Stormstout, management of the building has recently fallen to Uncle Gao Stormstout... to the detriment of everyone who has ever enjoyed a cold drink. On Gao's "watch," loathsome virmen have broken through the brewery's massive oak doors and ravaged the Stormstout's stores of rice and barley; local hozen have also begun cracking into casks left and right, spurring a destructive revel that threatens to devastate the Valley's supply. As if that weren’t enough, the brew itself has begun to spoil – in the worst way possible.
Vol'jin: Shadows of the Horde
Chen Stormstout remained on Pandaria and helped with fixing up the place. Later, Tswen-luo Sageflower, learning of Chen's earlier determination that Zouchin, with its readily available resources, would be the perfect location for a small satellite brewery of Stormstout Brewery, agreed to finance it in return for a modest profit share and a bottomless mug. After the Zandalari trolls attacked the village, the Sageflowers would be among the refugees escorted by Yalia Sagewhisper and Li Li Stormstout to stay at Stormstout Brewery, where they would be able to learn about operating the future Zouchin brewery.
During the third invasion of the Burning Legion, the Brewery was infiltrated by Varagol the Coercer, and Brewmaster Blanche was murdered here. Monks of the Order of the Broken Temple entered it and defeated the Legion.
When Chen Stormstout arrived in the Valley of the Four Winds, he journeyed to the renowned brewery of his namesake, hoping to connect with his relatives. What he found was his ancestral home in disarray. Under the watch of the incompetent Uncle Gao, loathsome virmen and unruly hozen have infiltrated the brewery, sparking a destructive revel that will soon devastate the region's supply of tasty beer.
- Once you enter the dungeon, you find Chen starting a conversation with the ghost of a newly-met relative, Auntie Stormstout. Chen has to work around the spirit's confusion.
- Auntie Stormstout says: Oh, hello Zan, it is good of you to visit ol' Auntie Stormstout.
- Chen Stormstout says: I am not Zan - I am Chen Stormstout!
- Auntie Stormstout says: Oh Zan! You remind me so much of your father.
- Chen Stormstout says: Tell me, what has happened here?
- Auntie Stormstout says: It is certainly a nice day outside!
- Chen Stormstout says: Where are the other Stormstouts? Why are hozen all over the brewery?
- Auntie Stormstout says: Have you seen the size of Esme's turnips?
- Chen Stormstout says: Auntie Stormstout...why is the brewery abandoned?
- Auntie Stormstout says: Abandoned? Oh heavens no! Uncle Gao is in charge while the others are beyond the wall. Isn't that exciting?
- Chen Stormstout says: I see - and where is Uncle Gao?
- Auntie Stormstout says: I have some cookies for you!
- Chen Stormstout says: There is no time for cookies! Well, one cookie. Just one.
- There is a pause here for 30 seconds, as Chen is apparently sampling the cookies.
- Chen Stormstout says: Wait - these are ghost cookies. These aren't filling at all!
As you enter the Brewery, you see Auntie and Chen Stormstout. Chen questions Auntie about the state of the brewery, but has little success in doing so as Auntie appears to be senile to some extent. Pressing onward, adventurers will find a party of Hozen. In order to fight the first boss Ook-Ook, players must defeat 40 partying Hozen. Doing so will trigger the fight with Ook-Ook. The next wing of the instance will feature Vermin. A few of the Vermin carry hammers that can be used a few times to make wading through their massive numbers easier. After pushing through the hordes of Vermin, the second boss, Hoptallus can be fought. Upon his defeat, the carrot blocking the path will be moved, and players can finally move to the final wing of the instance, the distillery. Here, players will fight a variety of alementals, or elementals made of beer. These alementals all have unique abilities that will be prevalent in the final boss fight, so be sure to commit these to memory. Making it to the tasting room, players will find Uncle Gao brewing up something new, creating alementals in the process. Dealing with these as normal, players will eventually be challenged by a monumental alemental named Yan-Zhu the Uncasked. Yan-Zhu summons all of the lesser alementals in the battle, so be wary of them as they appear. After Yan-Zhu falls, Gao will be confronted by Chen, who gets into a brief, and mildly humorous, confrontation with Gao. With this, the Stormstout Brewery is finally at peace.
|Ook-Ook||Strength one-handed sword|
|Agility leather chest|
|Caster cloth shoulders|
|Spirit plate boots|
|Tank plate bracers|
|Agility mail leggings|
|Agility leather belt|
|Yan-Zhu the Uncasked||Agility one-handed mace|
|Agility leather shoulders|
|Spirit mail chest|
|Spirit cloth belt|
|Spirit plate leggings|
|DPS caster staff|
|Strength one-handed axe|
|Strength tank ring|
|Strength DPS trinket|
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Added