- This article is about the organization. For the guard units in-game, see Stormwind City Guard (NPC).
|Main leader||King Anduin Wrynn|
King Varian Wrynn †|
King Llane Wrynn I †
|Base of operations||Stormwind Keep|
|Theater of operations||Stormwind City|
|Affiliation||Stormwind Army, Kingdom of Stormwind, Alliance|
The Stormwind City Guard are the law enforcement and protectors of Stormwind City.
During the Elemental Unrest, the guard protected the citizens and fought against the invaders.
In the RPG
The Stormwind City Guard (or just the City Guard) patrols the streets and walls of the capital of the Kingdom of Azeroth keeping the public safe. This smaller unit would patrol the street during times of peace. During times of war, several of these units combine under a subcommander, who in turn operates under the auspices of a commander-in-chief. If a fighting force were to penetrate the walls of Stormwind, these smaller units would engage intruders, buying time for the army to respond. As a note, the Stormwind army can also muster together quickly and provide aerial and magical support for the city's militia during an invasion.
Notes and trivia
- After being captured a third time for theft, a criminal is condemned to be hanged by the Stormwind Guard, this was notably the case of Pathonia Shaw before she agreed to work as an assassin for the kingdom.
- The hierarchy of the Stormwind's armies is unclear. The Stormwind City Guard is either a separate force like real life police or a part of the Stormwind Army.
- General Marcus Jonathan and General Hammond Clay are probably members or leaders of the City Guard. As such, the Stormwind Defense may be an alternate name.
- The Stormwind Harbor Guards may be a subgroup.