Strangulate is a death knight PvP talent, available at level 30.
The subject of this section has been removed from World of Warcraft.
- Patch 9.1.0 (2021-06-29): Now available to all three specializations (was Blood only). Range reduced to 15 yards (was 30 yards).
- Patch 9.0.1 (2020-10-13): Now requires level 30 (was 57).
- Patch 8.0.1 (2018-07-17): Now a PvP talent (was a rank 43 honor talent).
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19):
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): No longer interrupts non-player targets' spellcasting.
- Patch 5.2.0 (2013-03-05): Cooldown reduced to 60 seconds (was 2 minutes).
- Patch 3.3.0 (2009-12-08): Updated tooltip to include the functionality that this ability also interrupts spellcasting on NPCs.
- Patch 3.2.0 (2009-08-04): This ability will also apply a 3 second interrupt effect against non-player controlled targets, making it more versatile against creatures immune to silencing effects.
- Patch 3.1.0 (2009-04-14): No longer does damage and has been reduced to 1 rank.
- Patch 3.0.8 (2009-01-20): All silence spells now have diminishing returns.