|Location||Temple of the Jade Serpent|
- Main article: Lorewalker Stonestep (tactics)
Strife and Peril are literary mistlurkers found in Scrollkeeper's Sanctum in the Temple of the Jade Serpent. They've been brought to life by the destruction of the Corrupted Scroll that contained "The Trial of the Yaungol".
The legend says when Osong travelled to Kun'lai plains, he encoutered the two of them. As more the yaungol attacked them, the more powerful they became, when he left them alone, it shrank to nothingness.
- Agony — Agony arcs through the enemy's mind, inflicting 25000 (Heroic: 50000) Shadow damage.
- Intensity — Focusing your attacks on either Strife or Peril feeds the entity, causing it to inflict 3500 (Heroic: 5000) Fire damage to all surrounding players and increasing damage dealt by 10%. This effect stacks. Upon reaching 10 stacks, this entity gains Ultimate Power and immunity to all damaging effects for 15 sec.
- Ultimate Power — This unit is fully empowered. Immune to all forms of damage.
- Dissipation — Ignoring Strife or Peril will starve the entity, causing it to slowly dissipate to nothingness. Damage dealt is reduced by 10% per application.
- Hotfix (2014-10-16): Strife and Peril's damage has been reduced to a reasonable amount.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Added.