|Affiliation(s)||Tauren tribes, Orc clans, Horde|
|Location||Central Stonetalon Mountains|
Sun Rock Retreat (also spelled Sunrock Retreat) is a Horde settlement centrally-located in the Stonetalon Mountains, hidden amid the peaks south of Mirkfallon Lake. It was once the area's primary hub of activity and trade, hosting a contingent of predominantly orcish and tauren forces devoted to repairing the damage done to the mountains by the Venture Company and other malignant forces. In the wake of the Cataclysm and the establishment of other Horde settlements at Krom'gar Fortress and Cliffwalker Post, however, the village has become little more than a geographical footnote, offering few services and even fewer reasons to visit.
In ages past, tauren made pilgrimages to Sun Rock Retreat to engage in rituals to cross over to the Shadowlands, as the place has a strong bond to the spirit realm. It is said that long ago, An'she himself kissed the mountain where the retreat now stands.
The Shattering: Prelude to Cataclysm
- Thunder Bluff
- Hellscream's Watch, Ashenvale
- Zoram'gar Outpost, Ashenvale
- The Sludgewerks, Stonetalon Mountains
- Cliffwalker Post, Stonetalon Mountains
- Krom'gar Fortress, Stonetalon Mountains
- Malaka'jin, Stonetalon Mountains
- The Crossroads, Northern Barrens
- Shadowprey Village, Desolace
- Furien's Post, Desolace
- Karnum's Glade, Desolace
The subject of this section has been removed from World of Warcraft.
In the RPG
Sun Rock Retreat is a tauren-controlled outpost run by a druid named Maggran Earthbinder. A mean-spirited blood elf named Braelyn Firehand also resides here. The other inhabitants of the retreat are concerned with discovering why elementals spring from beneath the earth in Charred Vale.
- Once a major Horde questing hub for the Stonetalon Mountains, Sun Rock Retreat is no longer even visited by players for any purpose other than exploring the zone.