Sunblade Mage Guard
|Race||Blood elf (Humanoid)|
|Location||Magisters' Terrace, Isle of Quel'Danas|
Sunblade Mage Guards are elite blood elf spellbreakers located in the Magisters' Terrace of the Isle of Quel'Danas. To any level 70 character doing Magisters' Terrace, the Mage Guards were considered the most annoying mob in the instance due to their abilities. Susceptible to Mind Control.
- Melee: 1000 - 1500 om plate. 2000 on plate in heroic.
- Magic Dampening Field: Creates a field of anti-magic around the target enemy. Enemies in this field take 75% less damage from spells and receive 75% less healing.
- Glaive Throw: Deals 2828 to 3172 damage to target enemy. This effect will jump to 2 other nearby targets. 3770 to 4230 damage on heroic.
Nimble level 70 tanks might wish to back out of the dampening field if they'd like to continue being healed, or possibly attempt to move the mage guard out of the dampening field and then stand in it themselves (like stealing the spotlight in Karazhan) depending on the situation. Ranged attackers can usually just ignore the dampening field entirely.
- Patch 2.4.3 (2008-07-15): The stun component to the Glaive Throw has been removed and the bounce range reduced.
- Patch 2.4.0 (2008-03-25): Added.