|Main leader||Aponi Brightmane|
|Secondary leaders||Tahu Sagewind|
|Character classes||Paladin, Scout, Brave|
|Theater of operations||Mulgore, Azeroth|
|Affiliation||Thunder Bluff, Horde|
|Formerly||Reformed Order of the Silver Hand|
- “It's always darkest before the dawn. The dawn will come... The sun will rise. The balance will shift back to where it should be.”
They were founded by Aponi Brightmane after a series of theological discussions with Tahu Sagewind about the importance of balancing out the night elven focus on moon-worship through reverence of light as part of their worship of the Earth Mother. As such, the Sunwalkers are warriors who wield the power of An'she, the sun in tauren mythology, as they did in the past. Although not as numerous as some of the more ancient paladin orders, the Sunwalkers' ways are no less powerful and their members are no less respected. They are the most militant branch of the tauren armies within the Horde. These paladins exist alongside the Seers, tauren priests led by Tahu who also wields the power of An'she.
The emergence of the Sunwalkers is a sign of both troubling times and the unending duty the tauren race has to the Earth Mother, in which hope is their greatest weapon.
Concurrently with the war against the Lich King, Brightmane and Sagewind discussed whether the tauren have overlooked a key aspect of balance, noting the night elves' near-exclusive worship of the moon, known to the tauren as Mu'sha. Yet both Mu'sha and An'she, the sun, are the eyes of the Earth Mother. The pair concluded that the night elves, through their ties to tauren druids, passed on their cultural prejudice against the sun to their tauren students. To properly revere the Earth Mother they hold sacred, the two decided to strive for balance and further explore the powers of the sun, An'she. Brightmane, a warrior who fought on the Icecrown Glacier, remained hopeful that An'she would shine across the sky, and victory would be won by the mortal races, no matter what perils remained.
As Our Fathers Before Us
The Sunwalkers were formed under Aponi Brightmane. Tauren paladins were added as a playable class/race combination.
Mists of Pandaria
Battle for Azeroth
The Sunwalkers fought on the fields of the Arathi Highlands alongside the Blood Knights during the Battle for Stromgarde. The Sunwalkers are no longer part of the Order of the Silver Hand as they face off against Turalyon, who leads the Silver Hand and Lightforged troops in the name of the Alliance.
- Tauren paladin trainers: "The light of the Sun illuminates the path to wisdom."
- Tauren paladin trainers: "The light of the Sun illuminates the path to wisdom. Where shall we walk today, friend?"
- Tauren paladin trainers: "May the Sun's light protect you, <class>."
- "Even in the darkest of times, the sun will always rise to begin a new day."
- "The sun provides warmth to all of the Earthmother's children."
- "Like An'she, the sun, we bring light to the darkness."
- "We protect our tribe just as the sun protects us from the harsh winter."
- Main article: List of Sunwalker paladins
|Aponi Brightmane||Chieftain||Founder and leader of the Sunwalkers||Thunder Bluff||Alive|
|Chagon||Sunwalker||Kor'kron Commander during the Lion's Landing scenario||Thunder Bluff, Kor'kron||Killable|
|Dezco||Dawnchaser Chieftain||Chieftain of the Dawnchaser tribe and prominent tauren Sunwalker||Thunder Bluff||Alive|
|Ordel||Sunwalker||Member of the Warbraves||Thunder Bluff, Warbraves||Alive|
Source of power
It appears that the two developed new techniques to wield the power of An'she, and the Sunwalkers were founded as a result of this avenue of power, and a new path to revere balance and the Earth Mother. Alternatively, this path was already known (most likely to traditional tauren healers, the Seers), and has simply been rediscovered.
A banner in the Armory of the Silver Hand, representing the Sunwalkers. However, the texture is from the Highmountain tauren.
- ^ Ultimate Visual Guide
- ^ Aponi Brightmane says: There's a phrase... "It's always darkest before the dawn." The dawn will come, though, Tahu. The sun will rise. The balance will shift back to where it should be.
Aponi Brightmane smiles and gestures to the north.
Aponi Brightmane says: Even on the glacier itself, the sun manages to peek through the gloom. I have hope, Tahu. I think we'll make it through this, no matter how dire it looks.
- ^ As Our Fathers Before Us
- ^ Sunwalker Champion
- ^ Amah the Sun's Grace
- ^ Amano, Herald of the Sun
- ^ Mulgore Guardian
- ^ Thunder Bluff Sunwalker