|Start||Lady Jaina Proudmoore|
|End||Lady Jaina Proudmoore|
It looks like Renn's hunch about Alcaz Island was right. We need to survey that island, but it would take a whole brigade of troops to fight our way in there.
Theramore's defenses can't weather such a hit, so I've arranged with Cassa Crimsonwing, the apprentice to Theramore's gryphon master, to allow you to use one of her beasts to survey Alcaz from the air.
Alcaz Island holds the key to the mystery of the Defias' involvement in this kidnapping.
Have you completed your aerial survey of Alcaz Island?
<Lady Jaina listens intently as you report the results of your aerial survey.>
<Lady Jaina composes herself and prepares to explain.>
You will also receive: 80 and 4,600 XP
- Players mount a gryphon, and fly north over and around Alcaz Island. Upon it are several buildings, and above it is at least one of the black dragonflight, a Firemane Drake.
- As of Legion, the rune circle and dragons that Jaina mentions are not actually present on the island.
- Before Patch 3.0.2, this quest was followed up with . The follow-up quest has since been removed, and instead Jaina narrates the story of King Varian's abduction after the quest is completed.
- Upon completion
- Lady Jaina Proudmoore says: Perhaps I should explain...
- Lady Jaina Proudmoore says: I had arranged for a secret summit between Warchief Thrall and King Wrynn, here in Theramore.
- Lady Jaina Proudmoore says: The king was to travel here by ship, in secret. But the ship never arrived, and King Wrynn disappeared.
- Lady Jaina Proudmoore says: Your help enabled us to connect the Defias to the mastermind behind the abduction, Onyxia, who was posing as a member of the royal court.
- Lady Jaina Proudmoore says: Meanwhile, the king managed to escape his captors, and returned to Stormwind to deal with Onyxia.
- Lady Jaina Proudmoore says: I will send word that you have discovered the link to the Defias. I was a fool to think them broken with the defeat of Edwin Van Cleef, and King Wrynn will want to make an example of all who remain.
This is part of the Missing Diplomat continuation: