Survive the Night
|Level||103 - 110 (Requires 103)|
Survive a night within Cliff's Edge according to Rexxar's rules.
- Speak to Rexxar
- Survive a night in the wild
Now it's time to put your skills to the test.
Your order seems to be a lot of watching and waiting without a lot of action.
Prove me wrong. Show me that I might have something in common with the Unseen Path.
If you survive a night in the wild, then I will consider joining your order.
You will receive:
- 15 40
- 15,480 XP
You need to eat to survive in the wild.
Boar meat makes an excellent meal when cooked over an open flame. It should not be eaten raw, however.
There are many berries that grow in this region. Some are edible, while others cause minor sickness when ingested. You can often determine which are safe to eat by their smell. A sweet aroma often indicates the berry is unsafe to eat.
The best firewood can be obtained from dying trees. They are easily identified by their fading, purple leaves.
Well, you've got my attention, <name>. Not many hunters have what it takes to survive a night in these unforgiving mountains.
You are given the Survival debuff and a "hunger bar" ("You need to eat to survive.") which you must keep from becoming empty during the 3 minutes that the trial lasts. Obtain from a Dying Tree and use it to create a campfire. Use the Highmountain, in turn, to cook the obtained from the Spinetusk Piglets into . As the steak will restore 50% of your hunger bar, you only need 3 to be able to survive the night.
Failing the trial will also fail the quest itself, so you will need to pick it up again before doing another attempt.
Note: The quest area will become significantly darkened during the trial, making it much more difficult to see things. While this is the intent, if you have eyesight difficulties you may want to adjust your System settings before attempting the trial.
- You need to eat to survive in the wild.
- Boar meat makes a hearty meal when cooked over an open flame. It should not be eaten raw, however.
- There are many berries that grow in this region. Some are edible, while others cause minor sickness when ingested. You can often determine which are safe to eat by their smell. A sweet aroma indicates the berry is unsafe to eat.
- Firewood can be obtained from dying trees. They are easily identified by their dry, purple leaves.
- Are you ready to begin?
- I am ready.
- You are too hungry to continue.
- Rexxar says: You're lucky I found you when I did. You almost died out there.
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Added.