|The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 6.0.2.
- Rank 1
- Synapse Springs
- Requires Engineering
- Permanently attaches synapse springs to your gloves, allowing you to increase your highest primary statistic by 480 for 10 sec. The gloves can be activated every minute.
Requires at least 450 skill in Engineering to use.
- Cast time: 5 sec
When used, it increases either Agility, Intellect or Strength for 10 seconds, depending on what stat is highest.
It is randomly discovered when making Cataclysm-related Engineering items.
Because it does not trigger the global cooldown, it can be macroed into damage abilities to provide a passive damage boost. For example, a Fire Mage can use the following macro:
#showtooltip Fireball /script UIErrorsFrame:Hide() /use 10 /script UIErrorsFrame:Clear() /script UIErrorsFrame:Show() /cast Fireball
This macro will attempt to use synapse springs (the gloves on which they are attached have the item slot number 10) whenever the Mage casts . A few commands are necessary to hide the error messages that will be displayed when the ability is on cooldown. It is also advised to turn off the error sounds from the sound configuration panel.
Patches and hotfixes
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): Removed.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Skill required raised from 425 to 450. Materials required changed.
- Hotfix (2011-03-16): Players are no longer able to activate Synapse Springs in conjunction with , or vice versa, with or without a macro.
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Added.