|Race||Blood elf (Humanoid)|
|Affiliation(s)||Silvermoon City, The Reliquary|
|Occupation||High Examiner of the Reliquary|
|Location||Bloodwatcher Point, Badlands; Hall of the Keepers, Uldaman; Broken Isles|
Tae'thelan has spent the better part of a lifetime training in the art of sorcery. Recently formed at the behest of an "unknown council" based in Silvermoon, the Reliquary has been reformed under Tae'thelan's leadership.
He has a positive outlook on magic, and believes that with proper teaching, it is a force that can be utilized free of corruption.
Tae'thelan's ultimate goal is to unify his race as the proud, indomitable people they once were, and to break the magical addiction that has gripped them; to this end he seeks items of great power that could either cure or ameliorate his people's dependence on the arcane. Further, Tae'thelan also seeks to wield these artifacts of great power to increase Silvermoon's strength, as well as his own. He acknowledges that his people have made mistakes in the past, and is eager to ensure they are never again repeated.
Tae'thelan directs the Reliquary from his camp at Bloodwatcher Point, instructing various members of the Horde in the art of the dig. He opposes the Explorer's League in the Badlands, and discovers several titan artifacts around the Reliquary's dig-site.
He also appears in Uldaman, eager to claim the titans' secrets for the Reliquary.
Tae'thelan appears in Azsuna, directing members of the Reliquary (as well as both Alliance and Horde adventurers) in search of long-lost Highborne artifacts. He later moves operations to Suramar, where he pursues the Orb of Sciallax, a lost relic presented to the elves during the War of the Ancients.
- Broken Isles
Greetings, my name is Tae'thelan Bloodwatcher. I have spent the better part of a lifetime training in the art of sorcery and gathering like-minded Blood Elves to form the Reliquary.
You see, there are ancient, powerful relics found throughout this world that I plan to use to free my people from their addiction and unify them again as the proud, indomitable race we once were.
Magic is something to be embraced and, I assure you, a force that can be utilized free of corruption with proper teaching.
- Azsuna gossip
Are you ready to get to work? There are many artifacts to be found in these lands.
What are you doing here in the Broken Isles, High Examiner?
- <The High Examiner eyes you condescendingly.>
- Have you not heard of the Reliquary before, <race>?
- We week power, of course. Scores of invaluable artifacts lie littered within the strata of this land. The Highborne have forgotten more about the arcane arts that you or I will ever know. I seek to uncover their forgbotten relics, and wield their power for myself and my people.
- Now please, no more questions.
- Arlethal Sunwatcher is described as the highest ranking member of the Reliquary in Alliance's intelligence. This position is Tae'thelan's.
- If players look closely, Tae'thelan's outfit uses the exact same textures as that of Grand Magister Rommath's, the differences being Rommath wears a robe instead of pants and his sleeves are not open at the end.
- This may indicate that this kind of outfit is reserved to the upper echelons of Silvermoon command.
- Like other outdoor faction raid bosses of importance, such as Rexxar and Shandris Feathermoon, Tae'thelan has precisely 348M (previously 68,714,000) hit points. Unlike the others, however, Tae'thelan cannot be engaged in battle, likely due to the presence of low level Alliance players forced to level in his general vicinity.
- Tae'thelan's gossip text, stating his goal to "unify" his people, is presumably in reference to the majority of the remaining high elves, who have been allowed access to the revitalized Sunwell.
- Tae'thelan is seen in a constant state of levitation.
- His Uldaman incarnation also has a Mana Shield-esque spell active.
- Tae'thelan wields a .
- It was suspected that Tae'thelan would make an appearance in Warlords of Draenor, as in addition to the strong Reliquary presence there, Tae'thelan's model was added to Patch 6.1.0's files. Unfortunately, he did not appear. The ID was later reused in Legion.
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Added.