- Not to be confused with Talia.
|Affiliation(s)||Proudmoore Admiralty, Proudmoore Guard, House Proudmoore, Kul Tiras, Alliance|
Squire of Cyrus Crestfall|
Proudmoore Guard Cadet
Mara (unknown relation),
Taelia Fordragon, nicknamed Tae, is the daughter of Bolvar Fordragon and the ward of House Proudmoore. A cadet of the Proudmoore Guard, Taelia is also the squire of Cyrus Crestfall, a former knight who was entrusted by Daelin Proudmoore himself with taking care of Bolvar's child.
|This section is a lore stub.|
Taelia comes from Lordaeron, and is the daughter of the former Regent Lord of Stormwind, Bolvar Fordragon. When the Scourge hit Lordaeron, Taelia lost her mother, and her father sent her to Kul Tiras to be raised away from the war. There, Lord Admiral Daelin Proudmoore tasked one of his most trusted knights, Cyrus Crestfall, with raising the girl. Cyrus taught her how to fight, how to ride, how to sail. By the time she entered the Proudmoore Guard, she was already better trained than some of her instructors, which they didn't appreciate. He also taught her how to deal with thugs, bullies, and "scum" like pirates. When they hit them, they would hit back twice as hard. Even though they were apart, Bolvar still wrote letters to Taelia, "my shining star" as he called her, until one day they stopped coming. Taelia didn't know much about her father's fate, just that he was a Stormwind knight who gave his life fighting the Lich King.
Battle for Azeroth
When Jaina Proudmoore returned on a diplomatic mission to Kul Tiras years after Daelin's death, Taelia was in the crowd that witnessed her being taken by the guards to face judgment from Katherine Proudmoore for betraying her father.
Sometime later, Taelia and the hired Flynn Fairwind helped the Alliance emissary, who had come to Kul Tiras with Jaina, to successfully escape from the prison island of Tol Dagor during the night. Taelia waited for Flynn and the emissary outside the prison and paddled with Flynn to reach the city of Boralus by dawn. Upon arriving at the Tradewinds Market, Taelia gave the emissary a tour of the local amenities, introduced them to Galeheart, and then to Cyrus Crestfall. After hearing Cyrus' reasoning for aiding the Alliance, the harbormaster tasked Taelia with briefing the emissary on the three houses of Kul Tiras and their respective regions.
She directed the emissary seeking to venture to Drustvar to meet with Cyril White in Fallhaven, and personally joined them in investigating the nearby Stormsong Monastery deeper within Boralus to discover more information about the missing Kul Tiran fleet. Met with a cold reception from the local tidesages, the search proved fruitless until encountering Brother Alen. Learning from him that the fleet was held prisoner rather than merely lost, the eavesdropping Lieutenant Wade attacked the group.
After slaying the traitorous tideguard, Brother Alen directed Taelia and the emissary to meet with Brother Pike in Brennadam. The two flew Galeheart to the border of Stormsong Valley to find the entrance to the land closed. Dealing with the guards at the border and then dispersing an angry mob in Brennadam, Taelia met with Brother Pike in hope of finding answers.
Though the tidesage lacked information regarding the fleet's disappearance and Lord Stormsong's absence, he led Taelia and the Alliance emissary to the Addington Shipyards to find it in disarray; plundered by the Stormsong militia and its workers forced into servitude. Taelia asked the emissary to destroy the harvest golems being used for intimidation and bring her a mainspring, hoping to uncover who had tinkered with their innards. Discovering the spring to bear tidesage runes, she then ordered the death of the nearby Sister Ava.
After the Shipyards were fully cleared of corrupt Stormsong loyalists, Taelia, Brother Pike, and the rescued worker Samuel Williams regrouped at Port Fogtide. When Samuel charged into the fray seeking vengeance, Taelia sent the emissary to cull the corrupt tidesages in the area and later search for Sam within The Abyssal Melody. Once the ship was destroyed by Brother Pike, the next destination in their mission to liberate Stormsong Valley was the nearby Sagehold. As the emissary infiltrated the town and liberated whoever remained loyal to Kul Tiras, Taelia snuck ahead and later met with the emissary in order to take down the leader of the tidesages in the area, intercepting Wavespeaker Reid as he received communications from Lord Stormsong himself.
With the treacherous Lord now knowing of their defiance, the recently freed Tideguard Victoria led the pair to safety along the Path of Storms. Despite surviving numerous ambushes, in the end the forces summoned by Lord Stormsong proved overwhelming, forcing Victoria to sacrifice herself to buy time for Taelia and the emissary to escape, much to Taelia's dismay.
Reuniting with Brother Pike, Samuel and the rest of the Storm's Wake, Taelia joined the final push towards the Shrine of the Storm. As the group pushed up the final ascent to the Tempest Gate, she became concerned for Samuel's wellbeing, imploring him to hang in there as he began spouting the Shath'Yar language.
Finally reaching the summit to confront Lord Stormsong, Taelia was shocked as Samuel recklessly attacked and was subsequently transformed into an n'raqi known as Azshj'thul the Drowned by the crazed Lord. Pleading with whatever shred of humanity may have been left within Samuel, Taelia's words failed to reach him, with Brother Pike informing her that he is lost. Although forced to put Samuel down, Lord Stormsong fled into the Shrine of the Storm with the Storm's Wake in swift pursuit. Knowing that Cyrus would like to hear of their success in protecting the valley and acquiring a valuable new ally in the reunification of Kul Tiras, Taelia flew back to Boralus atop Galeheart to inform him.
At the end of The Pride of Kul Tiras storyline, Taelia was introduced to King Anduin Wrynn, who explained that he knew her father and invited her to visit Stormwind City as his guest when she had time to hear more about Bolvar.
Tides of Vengeance
After Jaina was crowned Lord Admiral, Taelia, with a new hammer and new armor, became a member of a five-man patrol squad implied to be part of a larger company, alongside Carter Riptide, Emma Swiftwind, Tamara Barrie, and Edward Nash, with Galeheart accompanying her. The squad discovered the Horde attacking Anglepoint Wharf and when they saw the enemy had Azerite explosives, realized they meant to destroy the seawall there. They joined the Outriggers in fighting the Horde but were eventually overwhelmed. As Galeheart was the fastest gryphon, Taelia was dispatched to warn Jaina, and she reluctantly left while the rest of the squad covered her escape.
Taelia returned to Anglepoint with the Alliance emissary and Jaina, who reassured her that going for help was the right choice after Taelia apprised her of the situation. Accompanying Jaina to clear the south shore as it was her duty to stay with the Lord Admiral, Taelia asked the adventurer to find her squad while clearing the north shore. She would later witness the adventurer assist Jaina in destroying the Horde's attacking ships.
Taelia was with Jaina in Boralus when the Mawsworn captured her. Afterward, Taelia traveled to Stormwind City. In a conversation with Genn Greymane, Mathias Shaw, and others, she learned that her father Bolvar was not only still alive, but he had actually been the Lich King for the last several years; she expressed great anger that Anduin had not told her. But as the Helm of Domination had recently been shattered, Bolvar was now free of that role. Taelia swore to stand by his side.
Taelia later traveled alongside Calia Menethil to Oribos within the Shadowlands, the afterlife, to meet up with her father. She asked him to look into the Maw to see if their captured friends were still alive, and when Bolvar at first denied her for fear of what coming into contact with the Maw would do to him, Taelia's heartbroken second request convinced him.
Following the forging of Kingsmourne and the Jailer's subsequent mental assault on Bolvar via the Helm of Domination, Taelia yelled for him to resist the Jailer's will as Jaina and the Maw Walker sought to break the telepathic link between the two. With her father's safety secured by breaking the bond between him and the helm, she conversed with Calia and the recently recovered Jaina, expressing her relief at the Lord Admiral's freedom and discussing the Jailer's legacy on Azeroth.
Please add any available information to this section.
|Location||Level range||Health range|
- Bash — Stuns an enemy, rendering it unable to move or attack for 3 sec.
- Heavy Strike — Inflicts Physical damage to an enemy.
- Shoulder Charge — Charges to an enemy.
- Well met!
- How can I help?
- I've always dreamed of an adventure.
- Together we can unify Kul Tiras.
- I've trained my whole life for this.
- Finally, some action.
- What's the situation?
- Hey, stop that!
- Come on, that tickles! Knock it off!
- I am <giggles> a highly disciplinary <giggles> squire with <laughs> iron will power!
- <snorts> Oh no, you didn't just hear that...
- If you tell anyone that just happened I'll feed you to my gryphon, got it?
- Farewell, friend.
- Duty calls.
- For Kul Tiras!
- Come back with stories.
- Stay on course.
- Serve with honor.
- We can do this!
Battle for Azeroth
- In Boralus
- Everything changed here when Daelin Proudmoore was defeated.
- Jaina must have had her reasons... right?
- Cyrus has raised me since I was a child. He taught me how to fight, how to ride, how to sail.
- By the time I entered the guard I was already better trained than some of my instructors.
- They didn't appreciate that.
- That sounds incredible! I'd love to see it some day.
- There's an old saying here in Kul Tiras.
- When something goes wrong, old sailors will shrug it off and proclaim: "You cannot change the winds."
- I hate that saying.
- I grew up hearing tales of the great kingdom of Lordaeron.
- And tales of its fall.
- The Scourge took my mother, my father, and my homeland before I was even old enough to understand.
- In Sagehold
We'll get through this together.
- Boralus, Alliance War Campaign
The Horde attack was swift. Anglepoint needs help now!
- Anglepoint Wharf, Alliance War Campaign
Not everyone in my patrol squad made it, but many did. That's something to hold on to, isn't it?
Thank you for saving the lives you could.
- Oribos gossip
The Shadowlands. It's remarkable... and if I'm being honest, a bit terrifying.
But I will not let fear stop me from helping my friends.
Or from getting to know the father I thought was lost to me.
- After completing
- <Stay awhile and listen.>
- Jaina walks over to Taelia and Calia.
- Taelia Fordragon says: I'm so relieved you're safe, Lord Admiral. I can't imagine the horrors you and the others endured.
- Lady Jaina Proudmoore says: Thank you, Taelia. The Maw is... bereft of hope. I've only experienced such emptiness once before. When I faced Arthas in Icecrown.
- Calia Menethil says: The specter of my brother hangs over all of us like a shroud. His choices were his own, though it does seem his fate was shaped in part by the hand of the Jailer.
- Taelia Fordragon says: My father's fate as well. The helm... that blade... were they instruments of the Jailer all along?
- Lady Jaina Proudmoore says: The runes on Frostmourne were a type of magic not seen on Azeroth before the Lich King. But that same power is woven into the very fabric of the Maw... and Torghast.
- Calia Menethil says: Arthas and Bolvar were not the only ones touched by that dark influence. The blade claimed many lives. Many souls.
- Lady Jaina Proudmoore says: We cannot allow it to claim Anduin as well.
- Jaina returns to her old position.
Notes and trivia
- Taelia enjoys visiting the Snug Harbor Inn and pestering travelers to tell her their stories, especially ones from the Eastern Kingdoms.
- She has been to Drustvar only once, on a hunting trip.
- Bolvar's nickname for Taelia was "my shining star".
- During , she rides a white horse.
- Her generic names are Proudmoore Guard, Kul Tiran Guard, Storm's Wake Militia during , and Awakened Conscript during . She is generally only called Taelia in patch 8.0.1 events, and starts to be called by her full name only in content that was implemented later.
- In early alpha, the quest stated that Taelia's mother was from Lordaeron. The live version simply says that she lost her mother when the Scourge hit Lordaeron, without explicitly saying where she was from.
- The character of Taelia was created and pitched to the design team by artist Eric Braddock. The unique armor worn by Taelia in patch 8.1 is based off of Braddock's initial concept art for the character.
- While mostly faithful to the concept, Taelia was depicted with a large tome chained to her belt, akin to a paladin, possibly meaning that Taelia was originally supposed to be one.
- Taelia is voiced by Ellie Kendrick.
- It was popularly speculated for a time that Taelia's mother could have been Calia Menethil, even though there were discrepancies in Calia's description of her husband and daughter (namely, that her husband was a basic footman; whereas Bolvar was a paladin and later Highlord of Stormwind). This was proven to not be the case in World of Warcraft: Shadowlands, where Calia, Taelia, and Bolvar all interact without any semblance of familial ties beyond Taelia and Bolvar.
Taelia's mother could be Lady Mara Fordragon, who fled to Lordaeron and has been presumed dead since, which would match Taelia's account of losing her mother when the Scourge hit Lordaeron.
- ^ a b c d e f
- ^ a b
- ^ a b c d
- ^ a b
- ^ a b
- ^ Taelia says: Lady Jaina... Is that really her?
- ^ a b
- ^ a b
- ^ Eric Braddock 2019-02-04. ArtStation - Taelia Fordragon. Retrieved on 2019-02-05.
- ^ Andrea Toyias on Twitter - "....the fabulous Ellie Kendrick. We were literally in tears in session because Ellie made Taelia truly feel like our own best friend. She was so natural and real. didn't feel like a performance at all. xxx"
- Generic names
|Proudmoore Guard||Kul Tiran Guard||Kul Tiran Guard||Proudmoore Guard||Storm's Wake Militia||Awakened Conscript|