This needs to be updated with new Battlegroups. Cross-Language Battlegroups FAQ. They merged some of the battlegroups. -- 01:38, 28 May 2009 (UTC)
- I'm taking on the FR/DE merge.
- Loremaster A'noob, Arch Druid of the Noobhoof Clan (talk/contribz) 12:30, 28 May 2009 (UTC)
- I just spent a good few hours updating the battlegroups according to the information posted with the battlegroup forums on the English and French version of the European official forums, and I believe it is now up to date. My knowledge of German is, alas, limited. Ildera (talk) 01:32, May 17, 2010 (UTC)
Just a heads up that I posted a relevant comment on Template talk:BGIcon that perhaps should have been posted here, as template pages don't seem to show up in any recent changes lists anywhere. Ildera (talk) 19:16, May 17, 2010 (UTC)
|This page has met the requirements for avoiding deletion in the Deletion policy.
- Delete ( • ) 02:00, 29 July 2017 (UTC) - (Nominated)
- Delete 21:53, 8 November 2017 (UTC) - (no comment)
- Delete — foxlit (talk) 22:53, 6 January 2018 (UTC) - (no comment)
- Keep MyMindWontQuiet 06:15, 26 February 2018 (UTC) - (Sure, the realm lists can be found on the pages linked above but the rest of the information cannot, and it doesn't make sense to delete a page about something that's been a core functionality of WoW for more than a decade, it should at least be kept as archive, specially since users might want to look it up.)
- Keep PeterWind (talk) 07:36, 26 February 2018 (UTC) - (I'd prefer this be archived instead, with links added to newer systems replacing this, where relevant.)
- Keep Dark T Zeratul (talk) 07:48, 26 February 2018 (UTC) - (I agree that we don't need multiple pages with the same information, but I'd rather merge other pages into this one, or strip the duplicate info, than delete a page about an obsolete game feature.)
- Keep — 01:10, 19 March 2018 (UTC) - (Changed my vote because I honestly wouldn't care if it is kept or not; although it makes more sense to keep it as it was a game feature that is now obsolete. Some cleaning is definitly required.)
- Keep MaverickHunter40245 (talk) 05:04, 31 January 2019 (UTC) - (Keep it for historical/archive purposes, with an explanation of how battlegroups used to work. Even though battlegroups are no longer relevant, it's still an interesting bit of WoW history.)
- Keep 19:38, 6 April 2019 (UTC) - (For historical and archival reasons.)
Battlegroups aren't a part of WoW anymore. This page is essentially a duplicate of US realm list by datacenter and EU realm list by datacenter with less information. I propose we delete this and all the members of Category:Battlegroups. -- ( • ) 02:00, 29 July 2017 (UTC)
- Bump. --
( • ) 21:42, 8 August 2017 (UTC)
- I'm hesitant to remove the Battlegroups page entirely, because even if they're defunct they used to be part of the core functionality and we should preserve that information for posterity. However, I do agree that it's silly that all these pages are just duplicated information.
- Since to my knowledge they've neither moved realms to new datacenters nor added new realms, and since the battlegroups appear to match up exactly with the datacenters, what about instead merging the "realm list by datacenter" pages into the Battlegroups page? -- Dark T Zeratul (talk) 01:13, 9 August 2017 (UTC)