i bet they are doing nothing just fooling around and trying to hide from their superiors
I don't see the point of having a screenshot with 5 lines of text, three being an irelevent tell, and the last being a claim that GMs do have a sense of humor. Oh, and no context to the first line, so it's hard to find a humor. Also, the mis-matched names is more then a litle confused.--Stfrn 01:30, 5 November 2006 (EST)
- I removed the humor section, I thought it was unneccessary.--Acidic 00:23, 7 November 2006 (EST)
- GMs have the power to port you to locations...
- GMs cannot retrieve lost items, teleport players to different locations...
Is this a contradiction? If not it could likely benefit from some clarification. --DanielCD 17:11, 24 July 2007 (UTC)
They likely CAN, but are not allowed to. Upon reading the page, I think they can port you away from closed zones, but will not be a human hearthstone for you.--17:15, 24 July 2007 (UTC)
- Recently because of this, Game Masters can not wear their Gamemaster clothing set, and now wear level 30-60 cloth armor.
At least on the European WoW-servers this is entirely faulty and asking several GMs during tickets as well as looking at screenshots posted on forums I have yet to see one without the trademark robes. Can anyone clarify where this information that they are free to pick random 30-60 armour originated?--Arin18 23:30, 5 May 2008 (GMT)
I doubt that's true, seen as how a GM turned up to the Odds and Ends Exchange (it was on the wow-europe main page for a bit) in full Gamemaster Robes, he then gave everyone free grey items and blew himself up as an exit. Glenin (talk) 18:56, 26 August 2008 (UTC)
One turned up at an RP event my guild was holding outside Ironforge once on Argent Dawn server, when he was talking to us he still used the term "Game Master", though my character at least claims he was from the Ironforge Secret Police. Every world has to have conspiracy theories, why can't the GM's be the Azerothian equivelent of the Men in Black and the like? Glenin (talk) 18:59, 26 August 2008 (UTC)
Ooh, I like that :) But then eventually there should be sightings of strange things happening, rumors and the like. Oh wait ^_^ Bugs! (MIB pun as well, I just realized) --Pimmeh (talk) 15:26, September 20, 2009 (UTC)
- Mysterious blue robed people arrive? I'd love it if that happened. BobNamataki (talk) 11:35, November 27, 2009 (UTC)
Truth about GM powers!
I'm not sure how to edit this, but seems like it should be added to the page.
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=16006200481&pageNo=1&sid=1#10 Seriau (talk) 08:03, 3 April 2009 (UTC)
I have made substantial overhaul to this article to make it more readable, organize the facts by category, and added some information I felt was relevant. Some specific claims are dubious enough that they could probably use sources. If anyone has sources (screenshots, reports, blue posts, etc) for certain statements please provide them. If you think a statement needs a source though, please point it out and allow some time to find one before outright removing it. --Oni Ookami AlfadorTalk|@ 11:51, 24 July 2009 (UTC)
I'm not sure if this of any relevance, but here's a bluetracked post and screens sourcing that GMs do pick their own names, albeit with slight screening processes, as well as them having a slightly different name in game if you ever bump into them (see screenshot in the OP). Unsure if this should be added as a source to these statements in the article as I'm not very used to wiki-editing but tossing it up here in case you think it's worth adding in. http://wowblue.co.uk/in-game-customer-support/t983738847-kudos-to-gm-ephaemeria.html --Aletheia 10:15, 27 Oct 2010 (CET)
- Given how many servers there are, a lot. Add that to the fact that it's an entry-level position that probably has a high turnover rate and the number's probably going to be fluctuating considerably. -- Dark T Zeratul (talk) 18:24, November 27, 2009 (UTC)
- Likely thousands, but sooner or later they will all combat one another to the death until only one remains, and the winner will take in all the strength and wisdom of the losers. The winner will also receive the Prize which, depending on the nature of the universe in which we live will take the form of a death by old age, a child, an ability to read minds, or absolutely nothing. --Super Bhaal (talk) 19:58, November 27, 2009 (UTC)