The 'Users of Technology' should be a template, as it was repeated on several inter-linking pages. I may try to do it if no one else will, and no one says no to the idea. Is it good for anything?--02:58, 3 January 2008 (UTC)
|Users of Technology|
I'm all for a Template but I think a if a template is created for the navigation of Technology related articles it should include the links to articles that are in the Technology section in the Technology article.
Something like this (I created it from an edited races template so it may need some more editing). Zakolj 18:28, 4 January 2008 (UTC)
- Yeah, that is a better idea.-- 18:38, 4 January 2008 (UTC)
Personally I say keep it to a category(i.e. create a new category) ... I'm not really big on ugly templates. Also user of technology is extremely vague, because one forgets it also includes "alchemists" at one level(according to lore it is alchemists that come up with the gunpowder and other chemicles used in technology). Blacksmithing is a form of technological innovation as well. No really what we are truly discussing here is more along the lines of engineering technology or mechanical technology. Also it should be pointed out that alot of these classes are not actually interconnected. One doesn't necessarily have to be a tinker to become a techslayer for example, although it helps(they may only need knowledge of a related craft or profession rather than the class).Baggins 18:42, 4 January 2008 (UTC)
- Added the template shown above to the relevant articles. 10:24, 23 June 2008 (UTC)
I don't know right now what other references to add, as this is my experience of the games and memories from this wiki, gathered along many years. If any of you can think of other sources, please add them.
I know the lists further below are a mess. I'd try to think of some way to order them, but I don't have an extensive view over machines that appeared after vanilla WoW. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Goldskullb (talk · contr).
- On Wikipedia, there's a section called "See Also". Maybe the links Alliance technology, Horde Technology and Goblins versus gnomes under the Technology header should be placed there, but placed before RPG. Actually I have an idea for the rest as well. Merge the sections Technology and Notable technological items into one like this:
Notable technological innovations
- the list under Technology renamed Innovations
- the list under Items renamed Examples of Specific Items
Goldskullb (talk) 23:43, 15 January 2020 (UTC)