There's a lot of great info here but it's kind of hard to read. Take the first sentence for example:
"Scheme (.xml file) are part of addon where anything drawn on screen defined, so it's place where you should start creating your own."
--Sarog 09:03, 1 February 2008 (UTC)
Is the url here: "http://www.blizzard.com/wow/ui/..\FrameXML\UI.xsd" Windows specific - putting the XML through a validotor is giving me errors with the schema (on OSX):
<Ui xmlns="http://www.blizzard.com/wow/ui/" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.blizzard.com/wow/ui/ ..\FrameXML\UI.xsd"> </Ui>
Reply: by sysosmaster
Actually the <Ui xmlns="http://www.blizzard.com/wow/ui/" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.blizzard.com/wow/ui/ ..\FrameXML\UI.xsd"> </Ui> Holds 4 options, the xmmlns bit (namespace), the xsi bit(I think thists the XML default doctype), the schemalocation wich tells you where its placed in relation to the namespace (i think) and (and this is most importantly) the location of the .xds file itself. so, the ..\FrameXML\UI.xsd is windows specific. change it either to ../FraeXML/UI.xsd or to the location of the ui.xsd file.
Is this absolutely needed? Because if it were, I think that it would be mentioned earlier. I am trying to make my own addon, and have gotten lots of information from here, but now I see that apparently I have to do more. Could somebody please clarify this for me? TuskertheGreat (talk) 00:52, 27 December 2008 (UTC)
|This article is nominated for deletion and the vote is PENDING CLOSURE.|
- Delete DDC (talk) 03:23, 31 May 2020 (UTC) - (It isn't Wowpedia's job to teach the basics of Lua or XML, and no one has touched this since a merge tag was added ten years ago.)
- Delete Ketho (talk) 14:02, 31 May 2020 (UTC) - (Probably better to still keep a minimal wow based XML example.)
- Delete (Yuvalal (talk) 14:09, 5 September 2020 (UTC)) - (no comment)
- Delete — 12:30, 6 September 2020 (UTC) - (no comment)
- Delete Mattalari (talk) 13:52, 6 September 2020 (UTC) - (While I understand why someone added it in the first place, there are better places to go to learn about these things. As was said; it's not our job to teach or ensure pages like these are up to date.)
- Maybe just keep a very short and basic introduction example and point to MDN instead https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/XML/XML_introduction Ketho (talk) 12:32, 31 May 2020 (UTC)