- 1 First of the Satyr?
- 2 Somehow regenerated
- 3 First of the Satyrs
- 4 Caothic Evil Alignment?
- 5 Illidan?
- 6 Malufrion "destroys" Xavius in the first battle?
- 7 The end of Stormrage(Novel)
- 8 Xavius went through Demon Hunter Ritual
- 9 Xavius' Tree?
- 10 Ruins of Eldre'thar dialog
- 11 Ancient
- 12 TCG vs RPG image
- 13 Death
- 14 Jaw necklace
First of the Satyr?
War of the Ancients Book 2: The Demon Soul
"Malfurion vaguely recalled from legend the creature whose shape [Xavius] now wore. Satyrs, they had been termed, magical demons of cunning and deadly mischief."
This seems to indicate that Xavius was not the first satyr.
--Xavius 05:11, 20 September 2007 (UTC)
- Possibly first of the "elven" satyrs.Baggins 05:19, 20 September 2007 (UTC)
What were the other satyrs then? --Xavius 08:19, 20 September 2007 (UTC)
Still reading the accounts mentioned in Dark FActions, but it also seems specific he was specifically the first of the satyr... It also implies that he had become a demon and corrupt before he died the first time, although at that point he hadn't yet become a satyr.Baggins (talk) 03:28, 22 May 2008 (UTC)
- I confirm,he was the first on Azeroth:Archimonde says that the satyrs are the race who is more loyal to Sargeras in War of Ancients(while Xavius was comming)...wich that means that there were still some satyrs.
He was the first of the Satyrs, I am sure. First of all, "magical demons" cannot be from old night elven legends - before the invasion of the Burning Legion the night elves never knew that such creatures as demons ever existed. So if it was a legend from which Malfurion recalled the shape Xavius, then it is from most resent legends, since Xavius already created enough Satyrs so that there were some taking part in battles. But since Malfurion had never seen one, he heard only legends and rumors about them. Just imagine - for example one regiment took part in a minor battle and first discovered Infernals, soon the whole army will know about the creatures and make legends about their power. (G.L.F. High Commander (talk) 08:55, 10 January 2011 (UTC)
I thought I'd point out if people haven't read the citations in the article, but its implied in Shadows & Light, that Xavius has been seen after the War of the Ancients. Like all Eternals are capable of doing, he somehow regenerated apparently.Baggins 08:55, 25 December 2007 (UTC)
Yes, proof that Xavius lives! <-- is happy. --) 17:51, 4 February 2008 (UTC)>
- Wrong. It is an adventure thing where they say you "may" run into Eternals, like Xavius. Rolandius (talk - contr) 06:15, 6 April 2009 (UTC)
First of the Satyrs
Caothic Evil Alignment?
Some one with a Chaotic_evil alignment is one : "With the drive of pure hatred, the chaotic evil character will do whatever he can to attain his goals. He is bound by no laws, no master and no compassion. While unlikely to run down the street slaying innocents (chaotic evil does not mean stupid), this character would have no regrets about doing so."
- However if you look past the suggested definition of chaotic evil, to a more simple definition, Xavius is into chaotic deeds and is evil. Satyrs in general are chaotic.Baggins (talk) 12:03, 3 July 2008 (UTC)
- Actually in the RPG its just a suggested definition. Actually if you read corebook itself you'll notice it stating that they are just suggested interpretations of the alignments, but not all who are of each alignment will fit neatly inside of the suggestion ("shades of grey...not a leash with which to chain them", "...not force characters into cookie-cutter molds", "...everyone is all differnet" etc). There are extended definitions given throughout the RPG, in the case of Shadows and light he's described as being a rather chaotic and evil character. Yet it also discusses his connection to his master Sargeras as well. Also most importantly "chaotic evil" is not a fan interpretation, its specifically listed in the rpg.Baggins (talk) 12:21, 3 July 2008 (UTC)
For the rpg game. BobNamataki 16:40, November 6, 2009 (UTC)
Malufrion "destroys" Xavius in the first battle?
Malfurion defeated Xavius just because of his friends' help, this is relevant.... i think it should be noticed. Can someone edit it? —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Malygos Helper (talk · contr).
The end of Stormrage(Novel)
I should like to point out that Malfurion destroyed Xavius in the dream and in reality at the end of Stormrage and it was the essence of the Old God presumably that retreated to the Rift of Aln.—The preceding unsigned comment was added by Syteless (talk · contr).
- The article lacks any info about his death -- likely due to spoiler issues, which has long passed now --, and as with the previous comment: if you believe it to be true, then you may edit it yourself.
- I've got the book, but i've not got round to reading any of the Warcraft novels or mangas since the Sunwell Trilogy, so i can't comment on the accuracy of either claim, but clearly Lon-ami thought differently to you. -- Zeal (T/C) 19:50, May 15, 2010 (UTC)
- I myself don't think he was destroyed, just banished or something like that. Anyway, I don't have any problem with changing his state from "alive" to "unknown". I read it more than a month ago and don't remember the details, but I don't recall him "dying". It wasn't very clear, anyway, and I think that they even mention later, after his defeat, that the "evil of Xavius still lurks at the Rift of Aln" or something like that.
- If you decide to note he was destroyed, don't forget to reference the page where it happened ;).--Lon-ami (talk) 14:34, May 16, 2010 (UTC)
Xavius went through Demon Hunter Ritual
- Ummmmm... No. Just because one gains power from a demon doesn't make them a demon hunter. In fact, more often than not people who gain power from demons are allied with the demons rather than opposed to them. -- Dark T Zeratul (talk) 00:58, July 18, 2010 (UTC)
The wording is a little unclear in regards to Xavius' state in regards to the Nightmare. He became a tree (I know "the tree grew from him" but for simplicity's sake, he became a tree), I know that part. But did his tree body remain outside the Nightmare and was it a piece of that tree that Staghelm used? Or was it Xavius' Nightmare lord body within the Nightmare? MegaNerd18 (talk) 01:06, August 19, 2010 (UTC)
Ruins of Eldre'thar dialog
There is bits of dialog that deals with Xavius in this new area called Ruins of Eldre'thar. They seem only to be there right now to deliver this dialog.
"Lady Benel'derath says: I heard Lord Xavius left today for his tower in Ashenvale.
Lord Ro'minate says: Oh? Do you think his promise of an even greater source of power will come true?
Lady Benel'derath says: As one of the greatest of the Highborne, he will succeed where others have failed.
Lord Ro'minate says: I'm still wary of the risks. While I agree that Malfurion and his dirt-loving brothers are quite mad, this Lord Sargeras must have another agenda.
Lady Benel'derath says: Shush! Quiet... before the others hear you."
Makes you wonder think where in Ashenvale was Xavius tower. And will this location, or said tower play some role in the COT:War of Ancients.
- It's on Ancient Guardian: "...while the evil satyrs revere Lord Xavius." -- 01:04, 8 March 2011 (UTC)
TCG vs RPG image
- "Xavius, once counselor to Queen Azshara, once first among the satyrs, once the Nightmare Lord…was at last no more" (Stormrage, chapter 29). Nothing in the book says Xavius was imprisoned there. After killing Xavius, Malfurion sensed the Nightmare and the Old God behind Xavius still held power in the Rift of Aln. Then Malf sealed off the vicinity around the rift, banishing the Nightmare. --Aquamonkeyeg (talk) 18:15, 24 September 2014 (UTC)
Whoop. I speculated that Xavius was still around because I believed he was still a demon as the Nightmare Lord, and I was right that he's still around...but anyways...does anyone know if we will be fighting him in the Twisting Nether? If he is a demon then he can only truly die in the Nether.>.> Seems like a pointless endeavor if we fight him in somewhere other than the Twisting Nether.VisionOfPerfection (talk) 16:15, 7 August 2015 (UTC)VisionOfPerfection
- We fight him in the Emerald Nightmare raid, but there's no information yet on the details of the encounter. -- Dark T Zeratul (talk) 17:16, 7 August 2015 (UTC)
Has it ever been explained why he has a jaw bone around his neck in the RPG and TCG? --08:32, 24 October 2016 (UTC)