Hivelord in the rootchamber
|End||Ling of the Six Pools|
|Rewards||11 40 2|
Defeat the Sra'thik Hivelord.
- Sra'thik Hivelord slain
Near the ocean, on the eastern side of Sra'vess, there is a cavern that leads to a network of caves. From there, the Sra'thik Hivelord maintains Sra'vess and plots against us. If we manage to take him out, we'll disrupt their operations for days. Let's go to it.
We've got to kill the Hivelord.
Well done, <name>! Because you took on that extra work, you've bought us some respite from the mantid.
I'm sure I'll have more work for you in the future, though. Come back later.
- 236000 XP
- +250 reputation with Shado-Pan
After turning in the previous four, this quest automatically accepts. Fly to the east side of the island, just south of the swarmdock. Fly in to reach the Sra'vess Rootchamber. Inside is the Sra'thik Hivelord, a level 90 elite mantid with 2,757,000 health and the following abilities:
- Sonic Eruption 60 yd range — Inflicts 73,125 to 76,875 Physical damage to enemies within 5 yards. 2 sec cast. Targets the ground. Has a few-second travel time.
- Summon Adds — Instant. Summons a handful of Sra'thik Workers. Announced with a bossemote:
- Sra'thik Hivelord summons Sra'thik Workers to his aid!
He also summons a Bug Swarm:
- Bug Swarm — Inflicts 24,375 to 25,625 Shadow damage every 1 sec. Moves around the room, randomly.
Go to work on the boss, getting out of the Sonic Eruption area of effect and dodging the bug swarm that moves about the room randomly. The adds have ~30,000 health each, so quickly AoE them down, then shift back to the boss.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Added.