- For lore about taverns, see Tavern.
The Tavern is a neutral building in Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne where mercenary heroes can be bought. These buildings are never guarded by creeps (outside of custom maps) and generally found near the player's starting position.
In addition to buying mercenary heroes, the Tavern can also revive your heroes immediately without having to wait. This allows them to rejoin the fray faster, but doing so is ill advised unless the resources can be spared. The cost of this instant revive is 80% of the hero's gold & lumber cost at level 1, +20% per level, up to a maximum of 1400350. Along with the increased cost to instantly revive a hero, heroes revived this way also start with 50% of their health and 0 mana, compared to a standard revive where the hero comes with full health and some of their mana.
- Patch 1.15 (2004-05-10):
- Neutral Hero lumber cost increased to 135 from 100.
- To purchase from a neutral shop or Mercenary Camp, a valid unit or Hero must now be within 45 distance units, down from 60 distance units.
- Patch 1.10 (2003-07-03):
- Tavern instant revive costs three times more lumber than previously.
- Heroes revived at the Tavern now are brought back to life with 0 mana and 50% health.
- Patch 1.07 (2003-07-01): Added.
World Editor description
- Allows you to hire various heroes.