Team 2, or the World of Warcraft Development Team, is one of the design teams of Blizzard Entertainment, in charge of World of Warcraft. As of November 2018, it consists of between 100–300 individuals.
Before and during the development of World of Warcraft, Blizzard only had a single internal development team, which managed every videogame released, except the Diablo series. After the release of World of Warcraft, it was clear that Blizzard needed a dedicated team to update and expand the game, so they split the workforce and created Team 2 to continue the development of World of Warcraft, while Team 1 would take charge of the StarCraft II project. Blizzard thus started to identify their internal teams by a number.
In February 2019, after a round of layoffs at Activision-Blizzard, it was announced that the team would be expanded.
- World of Warcraft
- World of Warcraft: Classic
- Burning Crusade Classic
- Wrath of the Lich King Classic
- ^ 2018-11-08, Our Full BlizzCon Interview With Blizzard Co-Founder Allen Adham. Game Informer, retrieved on 2018-11-19
- ^ Phillip Kolar. The Three Lives of Blizzard Entertainment. Polygon. Retrieved on 2014-10-04.
- ^ Elizabeth Harper 2019-02-12. Activision Blizzard has record profits, so it's cutting 8% of its staff. Retrieved on 2019-03-13.