Teleportation is the second most famous use of arcane magic school called transmutation. It is taught by the mages of Kirin Tor in Dalaran. Magi use their knowledge of the arcane to bend the fabric of reality to circumvent the distance between two points. Teleportation is an internal effort that transforms the mage into a portal. is the most basic teleportation spell. The Kirin Tor designates specific destinations for teleportation spells to prevent mages from accidentally teleporting into other objects or people.
Portals are suitable for moving a handful of individuals easily, but not usually stable enough for moving whole armies. However, Jaina Proudmoore is a skilled transmuter, and has developed a powerful variation of the mass-teleport spell capable of moving a significant portion of an army with minimal effort. She used this during the Battle for the Undercity to teleport Varian Wrynn and his soldiers from the Undercity. Typically, large, stable portals require a person channeling and maintaining it on the other side.
After the final confrontation between the heroes of Azeroth and Kil'jaeden aboard his command ship in the Nether and near the planet Argus, Khadgar teleported the heroes to Azsuna only after Illidan Stormrage opened a rift that made Azeroth appear.
- Lich Kel'Thuzad summoned Archimonde to Dalaran.
- The Council of Six teleported Dalaran above the Deadwind Pass and later above Broken Isles during the Burning Legion's third invasion.
- The New Council of Tirisfal teleported themselves on a small plateau in the Twisting Nether during the fight against Cho'gall at the start of the war against the Lich King.
Please add any available information to this section.
- Teleportation Pad
- Titan Translocator
- Orb of Translocation
- Ulduar Teleporter
- Uldir Teleporter
- Lightforged beacon
- Scourge Transporter
- Teleport to Dalaran Crystal - Teleport to Violet Stand Crystal
- Displacement Pedestal
- One practicing teleportation may be called teleportologist as evidenced by Teleportologist Fozlebub.
- There are mole machines in-game that function like a teleportation device.
- To feel less nauseous on the other side, when going through a portal, it is advised to close eyes.
- There's a book about teleportation titled A Treatise on the Nature of Teleportation.