Template talk:Stormwind City
Removing false subzones
I've been doing some exploring to learn about Blizzard's map design, and noticed that a number of "unofficial" subzones are listed in this template - i.e. "subzones" that never actually appear in the minimap label. This leads to:
- Inconsistency - for instance, throne room is not included, but War Room is.
- Blatant falsehood - the template has the title "Subzones of Stormwind" yet these are not subzones of Stormwind!
- Bloat - a transclusion template should not list every single room and building in Stormwind! Buildings of note can be listed in their district pages or the main Stormwind City page.
Therefore I plan to remove all "subzones" from this template that don't show up as minimap labels anywhere in Stormwind City. I already removed War Room before I realized how many entries needed removal. Here is the full list of links to remove.
(already removed from the keep)
- The War Room
(removed from the Dwarven district)
(removed from the Trade district)
(removed from Cathedral Square & canals)
- And here's a preview of the proposed new template. It's about a line-and-a-half trimmer than before:
- The Canals
- Cathedral Square
- Dwarven District
- Mage Quarter
- Northern Elwynn Mountains
- The Old Barracks
- Old Town
- Stormwind City Cemetery
- Stormwind City Outskirts
- Stormwind Harbor
- Stormwind Keep
- Stormwind Lake
- Trade District
- Valley of Heroes