Temple of Elune (buildings)
The temples of Elune (or the temples of the moon) are night elven temples dedicated to their goddess Elune, and have been the center of all night elven spiritual life for thousands of years. The Temple of Elune in Suramar used to be the main place of worship dedicated to their goddess where the Sisterhood of Elune was based.
The temples are staffed by the priestesses of the moon.
Temples of Elune
Presumed or known temples include:
- Temple of the Moon
- The temple of Elune in Suramar that was repurposed as a demon stronghold
- A temple found in Hajiri
- A temple found in the Ruins of Isildien
- Blackfathom Deeps was a temple, with Moonshrine Sanctum being the main building
- Temple of Zin-Malor
- What became Hetaera's Clutch
- Temple of Arkkoran
- Riplash Ruins could have been a temple, or one dedicated to Queen Azshara
- A temple in the Moonrest Gardens
- Quel'Dormir Temple
- A temple of Elune where the Tears of Elune were guarded
- Garden of Elune
- Temple of Fal'adora
- Elun'alor Temple
- Architecturally, the temples share certain characteristics with the palace of Queen Azshara, of ancient Zin-Azshari.
- The Palace's model is a "repaired" version of the Temple of the Moon building model, though with a different entry ramp and no flanking pavilions.
- Though several night elven religious buildings could be considered a "temple of the moon", the term now refers almost exclusively to the temple in Darnassus.
The remains of a temple in the Ruins of Isildien.
- Fan art