|Location||Northeast Kun-Lai Summit|
High atop the frigid northern peaks of the Kun-Lai Summit looms the Temple of the White Tiger (or Tiger Temple), an ancient training ground protected by an elite force of martial priests, along with the spirit of the White Tiger itself.
Near the building holding Xuen himself is The Emperor's Burden - Part 6, providing a small bit of lore about Shaohao, the last emperor of Pandaria. Interacting with the shrine is one of the objectives of , a Pandaria exploration achievement.
The Tiger Temple Tournament takes place on the temple's grounds.
Mists of Pandaria
Later, the temple held trials of battle and the Alliance and Horde adventurers came to participate in matches against skilled fighters from all across Pandaria. It was also visited by Wrathion who sought Xuen's blessing.
At some point, Shin Whispercloud was making a delivery of fish from the Anglers Wharf in Krasarang Wilds to the Temple of the White Tiger. He brought Li Li Stormstout with him, but they didn't stay long.
Shadows of the Horde
Shortly before the war against the Zandalari, Li Li spent some time at the temple. However, when the trolls attacked, Li Li led the refugees from Zouchin Village to the temple. Afterward, Vol'jin, Tyrathan Khort, Chen Stormstout, and Taran Zhu reconvened at the temple, before returning to Shado-Pan Monastery.
Following the Siege of Orgrimmar, the trial of Garrosh Hellscream took place in the temple, attended by the Alliance, Horde, August Celestials, and the Shado-Pan. Garrosh was also held captive here. During the duration of the trial, the welcomers were forbidden to carry weapons, and pavilions were designated for both factions. The temple's monks and merchants were asked to stay away from the temple grounds during the daytime.
The new Farseer of the Earthen Ring and Rehgar Earthfury came to the Temple and asked Xuen about The Fist of Ra-den. Others came to the Temple to present their offerings to him, so the tiger prepared a series of challenges for everyone who wanted to possess the weapons of the storm. The other challengers included Sigurd the Giantslayer, and the duo, Chen and Li Li. Upon defeating them, the Farseer proceeded to pick up the Fist of Ra-den. As they did, the elements in the weapons caused the main temple to tremble and boulders to fall. However, as the hero was attuning the weapons, Legion forces led by Lord Kra'vos invaded the temple in order to obtain the storm weapons. His inquisitors entrapped Rehgar, Li Li, and Chen, but the shaman hero defeated the demons. As Xuen was congratulating the heroes, spectators and honor guards entered the main temple, and then Rehgar and the hero departed using an Astral Gate to the Maelstrom.
Battle for Azeroth
Gurgthock and Wodin the Troll-Servant return for the fourth round of their Ring of Blood, er... Amphitheater of Anguish, um... Crucible of Carnage, ah... Arena of Annihilation event, for level-90 adventurers only!
- Big Greenfeather <Flight Master>
- Black Arrow <Repair Vendor>
- Wang Chung
- Full Flask <Grummlegrog and Souvenirs>
- Gurgthock <Fight Promoter>
- Sunwalker Dezco <Dawnchaser Chieftain>
- Master Lao (Innkeeper)
- Wodin the Troll-Servant
- Anduin Wrynn <Prince of Stormwind>
- Zhi the Harmonious <Caretaker>
- Taran Zhu
Flight path connections
- There is a flower that grows in the lakes of the mountain slopes near the Temple of the White Tiger, that only blooms in the presence of someone pure of heart.
- When Lei Shen was conquering Pandaria during the rise of the mogu empire, pandaren refugees came to Xuen who offered the pandaren shelter. Subsequently, Lei Shen dueled with Xuen at a temple as depicted in artwork of World of Warcraft: Chronicle Volume 1, which could be the Temple of the White Tiger. However, that happened long before Kang built his monastery per Xuen's advice during the Pandaren Revolution against the last mogu emperor. The sources that refer to the first monks' training and Shaohao's capture of the Sha of Anger differ in the location of Kang's monastery between the Temple of the White Tiger, Shado-Pan Monastery, and the Peak of Serenity.
The Xuen Shield Bearers may come from the temple.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Added.