- For his pre-Mists of Pandaria appearance, see Bloodmage Thalnos.
|Race||Skeletal mage (Undead)|
|Location||Forlorn Cloister, Scarlet Monastery|
Thalnos the Soulrender is the first boss of Scarlet Monastery.
Thalnos earned repute in the Scarlet Crusade for the brutal torture methods he used to "purify" new recruits. Ultimately the sadistic mage contracted the plague of undeath and arose as a fearsome skeletal being. The vengeful Thalnos now prowls the monastery's graveyard commanding apparitions and zombified creatures to attack anyone who trespasses on his unholy domain.
Spells and abilities
- Raise Fallen Crusader — Thalnos begins to raise fallen soldiers of the Argent Crusade, summoning a Fallen Crusader every 1 sec for 5 sec.
- Spirit Gale — Thalnos the Spiritrender launches a spirit at the location of his current target. When the spirit reaches its target, a Spirit Gale forms. The Gale immediately inflicts 390 to 410 Shadow damage to players within 2 yards, then inflicts 147 to 153 Shadow damage every 1 sec. to enemies standing inside the effect.
- Evict Soul — Thalnos the Soulrender rips the soul from a random player, inflicting 488 to 512 Shadow damage every 3 sec for 6 sec.
Every time Evict Soul inflicts damage it creates an Evicted Soul of the target. Evicted Souls attack the closest friend of their target.
- Evicted Soul — The Evicted Soul's attacks inflict 98 to 102 Shadow damage to enemies within 6 yards of his target.
- Summon Empowering Spirit — Thalnos creates an Empowering Spirit near him.
Thalnos starts the fight by summoning some fallen crusaders, who should be quickly gathered into a group and killed away from the boss. He will randomly cast spirit gales underneath players. Players who find themselves the target of a spirit gale cast must move a few yards to get out of it. Up to three gales can be present at a time.
He will occasionally cast Evict Soul on a player, which will spawn a few evicted souls. The targeted player must immediately run away from the rest of the group, as if the souls are within range of their target, they will deal a large amount of damage to the group. The remaining players must kill the soul while the runner keeps kiting it around.
Rarely, Thalnos will cast Empowering Spirits, summoning an empowering spirit that, if not killed, will inhabit the corpse of a fallen crusader, turning it into an empowered zombie. The spirit will spawn a few yards away from Thalnos, so if the fallen crusaders are killed right next to him as well, the spirit will nigh-immediately turn a crusader into a zombie. The zombie has more than 100,000 health, so crowd-control it out of the way or let the tank keep it on him and keep burning the boss.
- My endless agony shall be yours, as well!
- Rise Fallen Crusader
- No rest...for the angry dead!
- Evicted Soul
- Seek out a vessel...and return!
- Summon Empowering Spirit
- Claim a body, and wreak terrible vengeance!
- Killing a player
- More... More souls!
- Can this be... the end, at last...?
- Unused quote
- We hunger for vengeance!
- He's voiced by Dave Mallow.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Added.