|Next||Valduran the Stormborn|
The presence of that armor plate is disorienting, but we need to find out all we can from it. It could be part of one of Valduran's schemes.
He's dedicated an extraordinary amount of effort to mining, refining, smithing, and testing this metal.
To the east, along the northern mountain face, is a building called Mimir's Workshop. It hasn't been used in quite some time, but if we're lucky, some of its attendants are still functional. Take your armor plate there and learn what you can from it.
What did you learn?
<Bruor listens as you describe what you learned in the workshop.>
So Valduran's master has given him this sinister metal to construct a giant weapon? That must be what he intends to use for the final strike against us! We need to stop him before he's able to complete it and unleash this weapon.
I found this strange armor plate. Can you tell me more about it?
- Attendant Tock says: Metallic specimen of foreign origin detected.
- Attendant Tock says: Beginning analysis...
- Attendant Tock jumps up on the huge anvil and goes to work on the sample.
- Attendant Tock says: Specimen identified as an alloy of saronite and iron.
- Attendant Tock says: The ore used in this sample originated deep wihin the crust of Azeroth and was recently unearthed.
- Attendant Tock says: The saronite in this sample is nearly pure. Ores like this do not occur naturally on the surface of Azeroth.
- Attendant Tock says: This ore can only have been created by a powerful, malevolent force. Attempting to access databanks for more information...
- Attendant Tock says: Access denied?!
- Attendant Tock says: Further information can only be accessed from the archives within Ulduar, by order of Keeper Loken.
- Attendant Tock says: But one thing is for certain: this plate's size, thickness, and bolt holes point to a use as armor for a colossal structure.
- Attendant Tock jumps down.
- Attendant Tock says: Directive completed. Returning to standby mode.