|The Awakening of Stormrage|
Decisive Sentinels victory
|Previous||Daughters of the Moon|
|Next||The Druids Arise|
The Awakening of Stormrage is Chapter 3 of the night elf campaign, Eternity's End.
The next day, near the outskirts of the sacred Moonglade...
- 2 Stags
Tyrande Whisperwind and her night elf Sentinels managed to set up a base near Moonglade Isle. The Sentinel scouts found that the only way to Moonglade Isle was blocked off by a crude Horde settlement. The scouts also found that Malfurion's barrow den was in danger of being discovered and destroyed by the Scourge forces in the area. Ghouls from the nearby outpost were harvesting lumber from trees that were the only barrier between the barrow den, and therefore, its only protection.
The Sentinels attacked the Orcs. Soon the Orcish base was leveled and the Orcs were routed. Tyrande rallied her forces and defeated all three of the Primal Guardians and then proceeded to seize the Horn of Cenarius from its pedestal.
- Reach Moonglade Isle behind the Orc base
- Slay the Primal Guardians
- Bring Tyrande to the Horn of Cenarius
- Slumbering Furion Stormrage must survive
The Undead are about to encroach upon the Barrow Den of the slumbering Furion Stormrage. Tyrande cannot reach the Undead to stop them; she must go past the Orc base and retrieve the Horn of Cenarius from the Primal Guardians to awaken the Arch-Druid.
- Moonglade Isle. Only its clarion call can awaken the druids from their slumber. Tyrande Whisperwind: With Cenarius dead, it falls to us to awaken the druids. We must recover the demigod's horn from the sacred
- Archer: But, Priestess, the orcs have established a crude settlement upon the isle. We'll need to fight our way through them to reach Cenarius' horn!
- Two huntresses run up to Tyrande.
- Huntress: Priestess Tyrande, thank Elune we found you. The undead are advancing upon the nearby Barrow Dens! The Dens seem abandoned, but--
- Tyrande Whisperwind: There is one druid sleeping within them, sister... Furion Stormrage. He is the wisest and most powerful of all the druids. He must be warned that the Legion has returned!
- Huntress: Then we'd better hurry. If the undead overtake his Den before he's awakened...
- Tyrande Whisperwind: Let us make haste, my sisters! All our hopes rest on Furion's awakening!
During the Mission
- Raider: Strike fast! Ensnare them all before they regroup!
- Grunt: Lok-Tar Ogar! For Warchief Thrall!
- Grunt: These elves are stronger than we thought!
- Dryad: Priestess, the undead draw near the Barrow Den! Shan'do Stormrage will be defenseless!
- 15 trees remaining
- Dryad: Priestess, the undead have nearly reached the Barrow Den! You must hurry and recover the horn!
- All trees are cut down (Mission Failed)
- Dryad: Priestess, the undead have surged forward! The Barrow Den has fallen!
- Tyrande Whisperwind: Furion, my love, I wasn't fast enough to save you. I have failed us all.
- Tyrande Whisperwind: At last! The horn of Cenarius! Now we can awake Furion!
Tyrande blows the horn and it echoes throughout the land. Furion awakens before the undead reach him.
- Furion Stormrage: The horn has sounded, and I have come as promised! I smell the stench of decay and corruption in our land. That angers me greatly.
Furion turns some nearby trees into treant warriors.
- Furion Stormrage: Come forth, you defenders of old! Crush these invaders as you did in ages past!
The treants run off and attack the undead.
- 1 Night elf Priestess of the Moon
- Archers Night elf
- Huntresses Night elf
- 1 Blademaster (level 5) Orc
- Orc Peons
- Orc Grunts
- Raiders Orc
- Shamans Orc
- Darkspear Troll Headhunters
- Witch Doctors Darkspear Troll
Notes and trivia
- If the player's units would be killed by the protectors and the owlbears would be alive, the beasts would attack the base.
- The orcs use the scrapped Pig Farm buildings instead of the Burrow.
- An unused green dragon unit named Tharifas was set in the game files to appear on this map, but was never implemented.