|Race||Human (Humanoid / Undead)|
|Affiliation(s)||Cult of the Damned|
The Black Knight can be found near the eastern end of the Argent Tournament Grounds in Icecrown. He is involved in the neutral quest chain starting with / and supposedly ending with upon reaching the rank of Champion in the Argent Tournament. His mount is named Black Knight's Gryphon but called the Black War Gryphon when riding it.
Trial of the Champion
The Black Knight returned in patch 3.2.0 as the final boss of the 5-man instance the Trial of the Champion within the Crusaders' Coliseum. In the quests and , it was revealed that the Cult of the Damned resurrected the Black Knight into undeath.
After flying into the coliseum and slaying a herald of the crusade (either Arelas Brightstar or Jaeren Sunsworn), a fight ensued in which the Black Knight was resurrected once as a skeleton and afterwards as a ghost until he was finally slain by the champions who were training there.
|Location||Level range||Health range|
|Argent Tournament Grounds||80||5,534|
|The Black Knight (tactics)||82|
- His naming, the naming of his relevant achievements, as well as elements of his encounter, are fairly obvious references to the character of the same name from the film Monty Python and the Holy Grail.
- He appears as a legendary card in Hearthstone. His flavor text reads: "He was sent by the Lich King to disrupt the Argent Tournament. We can pretty much mark that a failure."
- The Black Knight has been slain five times. Once in the quest chain at the Argent Tournament, three times during the Trial of the Champion dungeon and once more when he was reanimated by the Mawsworn.
The Black Knight in Hearthstone.
Patches and hotfixes
- Hotfix (2009-04-21): Players can no longer summon the Black Knight unless you are riding an Argent Warhorse.
- Patch 3.1.0 (2009-04-14): Added.